“Good central location.”

Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Brampton, Canada
“Good central location.”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Spend 3 nights there.Very clean at reasonable rate hotel with full kitchen.Barbeques outside to guests.Quiet place with friendly stuff.Location in central Kelowna with restaurants and shopping nearby.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Waldemar W
WitmarGM, Front Office Manager at The Recreation Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a pleasant review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you will think of us again the next time you travel to Kelowna. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We were very pleased with this hotel overall. Beautiful grounds and very quiet. The breakfast was very good although the breakfast room is too small. Rosanna made our day start with a big smile and was so accommodating. The other breakfast server was the opposite. The beds are a bit uncomfortable (hard) but very clean. We had to ask for vacuuming and bathroom cleaning but had clean towels and beds made every day. The full kitchen was very nice. The barbeques were a nice surprise and we used them almost every day. We would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Geordiegirlinda
WitmarGM, Front Office Manager at The Recreation Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words in regards to your experiences with us. I am so glad that you made use of and enjoyed the services and amenities we offer here and that Rosanna was able to help make sure your day started out right. I will make sure she sees your comments, and I am sure you will make her day, as she did yours. I truly hope that you will return again, and that you will once again have a fantastic experience. Thanks again!
St. Albert
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed at the Recreation Inn & Suites the week of August 10th. We had no problems or complaints. The room was clean, and the grounds are well kept. This is an older motel, so you have to expect some things that need upgraded. We love the full kitchen! Our room was very quiet and every time we went to the front desk for anything, they were extremely helpful. This is a great place in a great location for a great price.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kt773
WitmarGM, Front Office Manager at The Recreation Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Thank you so much for your very kind and honest review! I am so pleased that as a repeat guest we were able to accommodate your needs and help make your visit to Kelowna enjoyable and relaxing. Customer service is of utmost importance to us, but it is guests like you who really make what we do worth it. Again, thank you so much. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again the next time.
Nelson, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I got charged $150.00 for smoking in the room when I did NOT. Management refused to discuss the matter with me as I had signed a form at check in that stated I would be charged if I smoked in the room.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kathy P
WitmarGM, Front Office Manager at The Recreation Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate all the reviews we get and we use them to identify areas where we can improve. We are now under new management, and as such have made some changes to policy and also have made a commitment to providing our guests with outstanding service. I am very sorry for the experience you had when you stayed with us in January, but I have every confidence that should you return to stay with us again you will be pleasantly surprised by the many changes and improvements we have been working so hard to put into place.

Travellers are raving about these Kelowna hotels

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I prebooked my room in advance but when I arrived they had no record of my dog on file and I was told they wouldn't accommodate me. A young man took over from the woman I was dealing with and found me a room easily. Then I came home one night to find items missing from my room. I was told originally there was nothing that could be done. But many staff members did look in the dumpster for me incase the items were thrown away by mistake. To no surprise my missing items were never found. I hate to assume they were stolen. The staff I delt with were pleasant but this hotel has a great amount of improvement needed. To be fair some staff were excellent but some were terrible. It took a lot of persistence to get the general manager on the phone. In the end I had to eat the cost of the missing items and no compensation from hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Shannon R
WitmarGM, Front Office Manager at The Recreation Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the confusion at check in. Due to us only having a limited number of rooms available that are pet friendly it is imperative that guests let us know ahead of time that they will be bringing a pet so that we are able to accommodate them. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you in the end. We were all made aware of the missing grocery bag of clothes, and we dedicated all our resources and much man power towards locating these missing items. After searching the hotel from top to bottom, consulting with the housekeeping team, and even checking the garbage, we were unfortunately unable to locate it. We have not stopped looking however, and I do hope that these misplaced items will turn up. I can assure you that they were not stolen, however, as all of our staff are highly trusted. I do apologize that these items were misplaced, and I hope that you will return in the future as this sort of situation is certainly below our standards. The comfort and security of our guests is of utmost importance and we are taking this issue very seriously.
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

When we arrived at Recreation Inn on Friday night, they had a print out of our reservation, but no room available for us. After about 30 minutes, he figured out how to make room for us by putting other customers in different rooms. I had booked through their own website, so obviously there's something wrong with their reservation system.

We came back to our room around 10:00 pm and there was NO PARKING. There are definitely less parking spots than hotel rooms. We had to risk parking in a "no parking" zone or could have parked far down the street away from the hotel, but it's kind of a sketchy area to walk at night.

The walls are paper thin. Enough said.

Second night: no parking again.

Pluses: AC worked great. Room was adequately clean. Bed comfortable.

Stayed July 2014
WitmarGM, Front Office Manager at The Recreation Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your experiences with us. We actually have more parking spaces than we do rooms, so I am surprised you were unable to find a place to park. I hope you brought this to the attention of the front desk staff. I am sorry that you were disappointed by the services we have to offer and I hope that you will return to stay with us again as I have every confidence that we can not only meet but exceed your expectations.
Beaconsfield, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2014

During our road trip we booked the recreation inn a few hours before arriving (at midnight). We chose it based on cheapest price and it was the last room available. We ended up getting a junior suite with a full kitchen. It was extremely clean and the wifi worked great. In the morning we had a complementary breakfast and a stAff member was there to great us and make sure we had everything we needed. She was extremely friendly And motivated and even gAve us some suggestions of what to do in the area. This plAce was the best and cleanest motel ive ever been too . Our only regret is not staying long enough to go for a swim and have a bbq!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Teresa G
WitmarGM, Front Office Manager at The Recreation Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Good Morning and Thank you so much for your very nice review of The Recreation Inn & Suites. We strive to ensure all our guests have a comfortable and pleasant experience with us and I am so glad that we were able to help make your short stay in Kelowna enjoyable. I hope that in the future if you come through this way again we will have the pleasure of being able to welcome you back.