“Help When You Really Need It!”

Canadas Best Value Inn
Ranked #32 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I accidentally booked this facility thinking it was the one in Kamloops. Oops! I noticed the error as soon as I printed out the Reservation Confirmation. First, I phoned the Kamloops facility and booked a room. Then I called the Kelowna facility and was pleasantly told to call the central booking number and the reservation would be cancelled. Nope! I would have to pay one night's penalty for failing to cancel by 2:00 pm even though I didn't make the reservation until 4:55 pm! I had to call back to the Kelowna facility and get them to cancel the room. I called the Kelowna facility and advised that we were not going around in circles.

The lady at reservations was very pleasant and understanding about the situation. She said she would look after this issue and call me back. About 15 minutes later, she did call back and advised that everything had been taken care of and my initial reservation had been cancelled with no penalty. She said she had to go through the head office for this hotel chain to get this matter resolved. For that, I expressed my sincere thanks for her assistance.

It's easy for people at a reservation desk to simply let a potential customer solve any problem themselves. I can definitely say that this was not the case for Canadas Best Value Inn in Kelowna! They were most helpful and pleasant about doing it.

I cannot rate their facility, as I have not actually stayed there. However, if they pay as much attention to the premises as they do to helping out a person who has inadvertently made a reservation error, then it's probably a 5 star rated facility!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank David H

Reviewed 28 July 2012

If you want to be able to stay in Kelowna and still have enough money to golf, this is the place to stay. The rooms were clean, quiet, comfortable, and affordable. I had friends who decided to go to more upscale hotels, however, really burned a hole in their pocket doing so. I really saved a lot staying at this place and appreciate that I didn't have to pay the overly inflated price of other establishments.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at this Best Value Inn for a week. The rates were good, the room was clean, and the staff was friendly.

We've stayed here before, and will continue to do so because they offer great value!

Plus, they are pet friendly!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Daniel K
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My mom and I along with our 3 dogs stayed at this motel for 2 nights. Some of the rooms have been remodeled. The room that we stayed in was very clean and comfortable. There is a fabulous area out back with trees and picnic tables where you can take your pets outside. This motel is not the "Hilton" but if you are looking for clean, comfortable and very affordable this is the place to stay. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms out back are best when you are travelling with your pets.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank HuatulcoPrinceton
cbvikelowna, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

We appreciate your comments. It is very encouraging for all of us @ Canadas Best Value Inn - Kelowna.
We promise we will not only keep up our efforts, but try to improve where we need improvement.
Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

I've spent 8 days there and all went perfect, clean, room well serviced every day and service/friendly minded personal.
The wireless access was just upgraded prior to my arrival and the speed/quality was excellent. Breakfast available by just walking to next door, this was very convenient. I will for sure return there during my next trip.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Jos_Kenis
cbvikelowna, General Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Thank you for posting your review we appreciate your comments. Our staff works hard to provide you with the best possible accommodations for the most reasonable rates and we are happy you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

I came back to Kelowna to do some golf at various golf courses. Previously I stayed at Kelowna Guest House Inn and decided to stay there again. I didn't realize that they had franchised their motel to Canadas Best Value Inn Kelowna. Perhaps trip advisor can amend this. Well, the stay was great again as the rates were very reasonable. The rooms were clean. It seems that I am going to be coming back yearly for some great golf. The rates actually helped me budget for the more expensive green fees (I am used to the lower fees on golfnow in Seattle). Thanks Again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank KALSeattle

Thank you for your comments we are happy that you found our Inn comfortable and are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again during next Golf trip to Kelowna.

Reviewed 22 July 2011

"Canadas Best Value Inn" my big toe. Would not choose to stay here again. Suggestion: pay the $20-30 more for a room at a reputable chain. Room was right on the road - really loud with the traffic, ended up with a smoking room and it stunk! Had to air out the room myself. Bathroom fan did not work, kitchenette was a joke. Sink dripped all night and the fridge didn't even work. Fire extinguisher was on "needs charging" and I found a hair (not mine) in the towels. Gross. No sympathy or discount given. Would not recommend this motel.

Room Tip: No idea, maybe the rooms inside the hotel were better? Who knows, didn't get the chance to chan...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank CanadianGirl05

Thank you for posting your review we appreciate your comments. Your comments are used to evaluate our Inn and provide additional training to our employees when needed. We have taken steps to insure that the conditions you have described don't re-occur in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced.