“Not the best place to stay at”
Review of Oasis Inn

Oasis Inn
Ranked #26 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Reviewed 3 December 2010

The first impression you get when you arrive is not fooling you at all.
The staff was nice and friendly at the beginning.
Our rooms were not clean at all.....we had hair in our beds and in the shower.
The towels did not look clean at all either !
You would think they take a look in the fridge too when cleaning the room - but they sure did not - or maybe we just did not appreciate the opened can of Pepsi !?!
When we came back from sightseeing at 6 pm the next day our rooms were not cleaned at all !
No fresh towels - our bed was not made either nada nothing !!!
When going to the reception asking why our rooms were not cleaned I just received a
uncomprehending look - "So what do you want me to do about it !" - Well maybe clean the room ????!!!!!
So at least I ended up getting fresh towels.
But thats not all - our friends toilet clogged up and flooded the whole bath room.
All they got was a plunger to clean it all by themselves !!! How nice is that.
I have stayed at many hotels and motels before - I am not spoiled at all but if you pay
$ 79 for a room you would at least think it is clean and that you get fresh towels !
Besides all that the Continental Breakfast is coffee some muffins and two kinds of cereal - but no where to sit at !
So if all that above does not bother you - you will a have a great time there.
I prefer staying at clean rooms ! And trust me none of the above is made up - it sure is true as sad as it is !

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 September 2010

Pulled into Kelowna a bit late so there wasn't much choice for rooms. I got the last room available at the Chinook/Oasis and even the front desk clerk said "it's not one of our best rooms". You'd think at $119 per night it would be decent....I thought wrong.
The room was old and in need of a facelift. Cleaning staff didn't pay much attention to detail. The hide-a-bed in the living room was ratty looking - like they bought it second hand from someone who had a cat that scratched it. I wasn't about to lay on the couch and put my head on the cushions that were on it. The living room didn't even have a lamp - had to turn on all 5 pot lights.
There were kids running back and forth on the deck outside the room at 10 pm.
Morning shower was a treat. There was something stuck to the inside of the shower curtain.....maybe the previous guest's snot?? I'm just thankful I never drank from the glass in the bathroom. I didn't hang around long enough for the continental breakfast - I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
12  Thank Sixer61
Reviewed 2 August 2010

It was the cheapest one I could find for an "on the road stop", so I can't complain a lot and didn't have much expectations. there was a dump smell in the room
it was a very tiny junior suite room. the bathroom was not the cleanest.
the people at the reception were very nice and helpful.
you have a small pool in the motel ( didn't try it). for a short Kelowna stop it's OK as long as you don't plan to stay long in the motel itself and plan to be outside most of the day.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Marcus1900
Reviewed 17 September 2009

My wife, older teen daughter and I stayed for 3 nights in early September and found the Oasis Motel to be clean, very well run and convenient for many purposes in Kelowna. The carpeting was getting a little dated but the bed was comfortable and the separate room, with a double bed, behind a folding door, was much appreciated by our daughter. Housekeeping service was first rate and motel reception very courteous and helpful. Considering the price was considerably less (at least $30 per night) than every other hotel and motel contacted, the value was good.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2009

I used to love this place and regularily booked it when vacationing in Kelowna however, I do remember it needing some TLC the last time I was here in 2006.... Unfortunately this did not happen. Besides the horrible state the carpets, fridges, and bedding were in, the items that really got to my wife and I were; the black mould found in the bathroom, the floating tub (as we called it) was an older styler tub that has been recoated numerous times only to have it lift and provide another mould spot to fester and last but not least the mattress which was made in 1985. (confirmed by the tag on the mattress itself)
I dont know what else to say - its always a sad day when hidden jems are not maintained. It was really weird payinh 140$/night for a room where you don't feel safe about bathing your baby girl.
PS Just to qualify this review- I've stayed in 2star hotels before where red fire ants would crawl up the sink drain pipe at night and you had to plug it with either a cup or a wet towel rammed as far as it will go or get eaten. This was scarier, in my mind,than the armed(and very pissed off) guerillas fighting amongst themselves in the jungle. I paid $60USD a night for that place and still feel I got a great deal and a better sleep.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank N0tHard2Please
Reviewed 23 August 2009

Although the rooms were old, they were fresh and clean, and quite spacious. WiFi, in-room coffee, fridge and microwave, plus a comfy chair and comfy beds. Staff was very freindly and helpful. Quiet and convenient. Continental breakfast was as expected, muffins and cereals.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2009

Overall little expensive, but not bad considering all the above.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family