“Not Good”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: Central City
Neighbourhood: Central City
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I picked up a rice dish to go and when I got to the office to eat it I spat out my first bite! It looked like they had used the bottom of the pan of whatever they made, and just put it over rice. It was supposed to be chicken with veggies but the chicken did not taste like meat and the vegetables were so soft they were almost mush. Highly disappointed that they would serve something like this to someone. I just threw it out.

1  Thank CharlotteCharly

Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Ate here in July. The only thing good about this restaurant is the server, she was very friendly. The submarine was horrible and they charged 8 bucks...8 BUCKS...unbelievable...believe me I know Vietnamese subs...

Reviewed 13 March 2013

I've visited many times over the course of several months and it is by far my favourite Vietnamese restaurant in town. There's an option of building your own stir-fry (rice + meat/vegetables), as well as build your own soup (soup + noodles/meat/vegetables). You can adjust the spiciness of it, too. Standard items in the menu include, Bánh mì (Vietnamese style sandwich), Pho (broth with rice noodles, meat, and herbs), rice platters and even a vegetarian selection. Their Pho is one of the best I've tasted. It has a full beef flavour and a mild tanginess to it. A few Asian originated beers are available in their cooler. Portion sizes are average. Service is usually fast, but sometimes gets backed up during peak times. The staff are always friendly. I've brought different friends with me, and some never had Vietnamese food before, but they were all pleased.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

Make the trip from Summerland just for lunch! Nicest people, authentic cuisine. My husbands and my favorite place to eat in Kelowna

Reviewed 19 February 2013

We came on a Tuesday night, very quiet with only one other couple in the restaurant. Very friendly staff! I have peanut allergies and asked a few questions before making the decision to try it and was pleased to find out they have separate pans for the one dish with peanuts in the sauce. Peanuts could be sprinkled over the top of some dishes. I had the lemon grass pho with chicken and it was great and the usual spiciness for lemon grass soup. My family had the noodle bowls with spring rolls and chicken and really liked it. You add your own spice level with the hot sauce on the table as the noodle bowls come without spice. Decor is not high end, bathrooms are clean. I would be happy to go back.