“Not enough staff and mediocre coffee”

Bean Scene Coffee House
Ranked #3 of 20 Coffee & Tea in Kelowna
Neighbourhood: Central City
Neighbourhood: Central City
Hamilton, Canada
“Not enough staff and mediocre coffee”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I spent over 20 minutes waiting for an americano because there was only one member of staff serving on a friday evening...other customers had similar waits. If the poor guy behind the counter not been rushed off his feet, I would have asked for my money back and left. Unfortunately, the coffee was only just acceptable. Would suggest going to the Pulp fiction coffee shop just up the road for better service and coffee.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank nadinet23

Calgary, Canada
“Cool place Hot beve's!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The Bean scene Coffee House was very unique. I can not have caffeine anymore but their decaf coffee was very good. My wife had a dark brew she said was to die for, she is a coffee die-hard! There were many customers coming and going and a few sitting around. The decor was wonderful and service great!! I highly recommend this coffee house for your morning cup of Java, they had quite a selection we did not get to try as we only made it their once . . .

Visited October 2013
Cleveland, Australia
“Now that's good coffee”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The barista's know their business are very friendly and helpful and you enjoy the benefit, if you are in a rush may not be the best as making things with love can take a bit longer. As coffee lovers it was clear that the coffee was made with love. The traditional cappucino that she produced for hubby was as sensational as she had promised as he has had trouble finding a cappucino or latte that he likes.
The cosmic cookie was "cosmic"

• Visited September 2013
West Kelowna, Canada
“Consistently terrible customer service”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I've visited this location quite a few times because the coffee is good, but after my last experience I don't think I'll be going back. The staff may be going for a "laid back" vibe, but instead it makes for slow, unfriendly, inattentive service. I am rarely greeted with a smile, and on many occasions I have gotten the wrong drink (probably because the staff are busy joking around with each other while taking and ringing in my order.) I gave it a few chances because it's local and I hate to write off a local coffee place, but the coffee is too expensive to be worth the uncaring service. It's too bad.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank KelownaMama
Burnaby, Canada
“Great coffee!!”
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

We ordered the Soy milk latte, the vegan chocolatechip cookie (was really good) and the rice bowl (that one wasn't that great.....)
They Didn't really had vegan options like we thought so it was kinda disappointing..but!!!! They did Had a great coffee ..!! the coffee was delicious !!

• Visited June 2013