“Oh c'mon ,, this was God awful !”
Review of Earl's On Top

Earl's On Top
Reserve with OpenTable
Earl's On Top is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 649 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: American, Italian, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Earls is a family owned casual dining chain that operates a total of 68 restaurants in Canada as well as the United States. Our menu offers a global skillet of options which include Ocean Wise approved items, Consciously Sourced options, Vegetarian options and Gluten aware items to choose from. Earls on Top Kelowna boasts an amazing lake front view with a roof top patio that can be enjoued in the summer months!
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Our first night out together in a long time, Earl's is close to home, the weather was lovely and the walk there and back was most enjoyable.
What was not " most enjoyable " was ( and believe me this is talking from experience ) the worst fish ( halibut ) and chips I've ever been served.
Well I can't speak for the rest of you folks but when I pay $23.00 for a small ,, and yes I do mean small order of fish and chips I certainly expect much better than the dish that was presented to me.
Only half the fish was battered, the overpowering taste of salt totally destroyed the fish and as far as I was concerned it was, without question completely inedible.
Also the " Yukon Gold fries " yeah right ,, who's kidding who ? there was absolutely no difference in the fries they served me than the fries at your local McDonald's.
Those fries were a frozen product ,, finger fries out of a bag ,, Yukon Gold my @## .

In any event my wife's burger was good and our server was delightful and I did enjoy my Scotch.
I cooked professionally for a number of years at a high end resort and under no circumstances whatsoever would I or any of my staff ever serve the type of food I was served at Earl's.
To the manager of that particular establishment ,, you really have a problem if you have food professionals in your kitchen that can't prepare a simple ( and I do mean simple ) order of fish and chips.
Also seems to me there is something radically wrong when you are charging $ 23.00 for two small pieces of halibut and you have to use frozen french fries similar to McDonald's.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

what a location. Would be just spectacular on a summers evening overlooking the harbour area. The service was very good and the food also. The ribs were fall of the bone tender and I changed up the side dishes from the menu with absolutely no issue. Would definitely recommend going back.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Best earls I've been too. Sat outside for dinner, the food was quick and good. Our serve could answer all of our questions! If you're in Kelowna you need to have dinner here !!

1  Thank jymm22
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We visited the above yesterday before a theatre event. The restaurant and bar have been nicely renovated. You have a nice view of Okanagan lake and the harbour. The service was attentive and our waitress Sage was very friendly. We started with their favourite drink for Saturday which was a Mojito which was well prepared and presented. For appetizers we had the calamari which came hot to the table and were tasty. My compliments to whomever makes the bread, some of the best I have tasted in a restaurant in a long time. I bake my own at home and their sour dough comes pretty close. It is probably baked in the stone pizza oven which gives it a nice crust.
For main course I had the top sirloin with a bourbon sauce. As a chef myself I can probably guess were the Bourbon went! The vegetables were beets and baby squash which I enjoyed very much. Not a vegetables you normally get in a restaurant. My wife went for the chicken curry which was also very good . We had a bottle of Argentinian Cabernet that went very well with the dinner.
I am completely blown away with the lack of BC wines anywhere in the Okanagan on the wine menus. Either they are completely overpriced or not listed. The bottle of wine that comes from halfway around the country costs half the price if not less then our own wines which are produced a couple of Km down the road! Makes no sense whatsoever. The imports are just as good if not better then our local wines. If you want the average diner to drink them then lower the price. Not everybody is on an expense account!!
All in all we had a very pleasant evening out. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Great atmosphere - we sat on the balcony up top - and the food was very well prepared and tasted great. A bit over-priced, but a nice place to treat yourself every now and then.