“Food was good, Service So-So, Probably Wouldn't Return”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #334 of 622 Restaurants in Kelowna
Neighbourhood: Central City
Neighbourhood: Central City
Barrie, Canada
“Food was good, Service So-So, Probably Wouldn't Return”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Our party of 2 adults, 2 teens and one child was seated almost immediately. The place was really hopping ('scuse the pun) and the servers were zipping about trying to look after all of their customers. Unfortunately, ours made a couple of errors with our order, and when we pointed this out, she tried to blame it on my daughter (unforgiveable). When I insisted that she had clearly ordered what she wanted, she ruffled through the order slips in her apron, pulled ours out and saw that there had been a mistake, but did not appologise or acknowledge my daughter in any way - she just took the wrong order away and said the right order would be out right away. There was also an error with the kid's drinks, with the wrong flavour of milkshake arriving at our table. That, too, was also made right when we complained. The food was fine, and the prices very fair, but there was an almost uncomfirtable sense of chaos in the atmosphere. Perhaps there were just not enough staff on to cover the restaurant. The benched were a bit sticky, but I guess you have to expect some of that at a pancake house, and although not fancy, the bathrooms were clean and functional. The bill was about $75 before tax for the 5 of us which was reasonable. I probably would not return, mostly because of the rushed and frenzied atmosphere - even though there were mistakes made, I felt badly for the staff who were being run off their feet.

• Visited August 2012

Kelowna, Canada
“Comfort Food Breakfast”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

If you need to ask what to expect at IHOP, you had better get there quickly. We went on a gloomy Saturday morning to perk ourselves up and the visit did just that. I got my fix of pancakes with blueberry compte while my wife loved the bolinzes. Coffee was slow to arrive but that was because of a sudden influx of people and it did not bother us because we were happy to be out.
Go for a good breakfast and enjoy!

1 Thank calgaryguy
Kelowna, Canada
“The usual”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

As always you know what you will be getting when you go ,good food with good service

Moncton, Canada
“For a place that stakes its reputation on pancakes...”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

...it does not deliver.

This was our first experience at an IHOP... I assume this is the same chain as they have in the US and other places. Anyways, we went because I was curious and the hotel breakfast was too pricey for our taste.

First impression- the restaurant is old fashioned, cheap family fare type. We got a table quickly but after that service went downhill. We did get our order taken and food quickly enough but there were only 2 waitresses so it was slow. And don't get me started on paying-I don't care for places that make you go up front to pay but when they make you stand there 5-10 minutes because there isn't enough staff, it's downright insulting.

The food itself was bland, extremely bland. In terms of pancakes I would rate this among the worst I've ever had. They had no taste (even if I took cinnamon pancakes) and no redeeming quality whatsoever. Even with an unhealthy dollop of syrup I may as well have been eating a sponge for all the taste they had.

If you're a family with kids that wants a quick cheap meal- keep going up the street to Denny's.

• Visited October 2011
Peachland, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Convenient and good value”
Reviewed 31 October 2010

We have visited this restaurant several times in the evening.
It isn't too busy in the evening (more poular at lunch time) and the service is good.
Parking is easy and it's a convenient location.
It is family dining and a good deal.