“Good food, decent service”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #352 of 618 Restaurants in Kelowna
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Central City
St. Albert, Canada
“Good food, decent service”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and I went with her folks around 9am on a Sunday morning and waited roughly five minutes to be seated. Felt like it took a while to get drink service but by then we were ready to order our food and ordered everything at once.

Food came in a reasonable amount of time and everyone was satisfied with their meals. My wife's pancakes were served with whipped cream which she was not aware and did not like. The server offered to get her new ones made without the whip but by then I was already spoon in hand :)

We usually come here for breakfast once each time we visit Kelowna.

• Visited August 2014

New Brunswick, Canada
“below average!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

$3 for an egg, $2.5 for a slice of toast & 2.70 for coffee, all in a tiered old place with dirty floors.

Visited July 2014
Northern Ireland
“We won't rush back!”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I am in Canada on holiday from Ireland with my husband. We visited Kelowna for 3 days with family members and on our last morning, instead of having the excellent free breakfast in our hotel, we decided to go to this Ihop restaurant where we believed the pancakes were excellent and the rest of the food would be similar.

After waiting at the table for some time, the drinks were set down in front of us and to my horror, my glass of orange juice had a large red lipstick mark on the rim! I called the server back and showed it to her but without an apology, she said she would get me another one! I was very taken back by her lack of concern at handing me a drink in a glass which was clearly not washed properly.

We waited patiently for the food which was just as well as we were informed there was no clean cutlery as it 'wasn't ready yet'! When the cutlery arrived it was dirty and half washed. Our company had to wash it in a glass of water which was on the table and then dry it with our napkins!

The food arrived barely warm and the long anticipated 'excellent pancakes' were dry and very small and thin! The rest of the food was acceptable although barely warm.

The washroom was less than satisfactory. The toilet was dirty and clearly not cleaned for the morning opening of the restaurant.

The whole experience was disgusting and not one I would like to revisit. I have visited other Ihop Restaurants but never had such an experience where the restaurant was so unclean and staff so untidy.

• Visited September 2013
Kelowna, Canada
“Service and food was Terrible last visit”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We have gone here for twenty years with our kids for breakfast and it was always great.
Pancake breakfasts are the best anywhere from here so can't fault that.
However our last visit was dreadful...the food was laughably bad had Philly melt and both of them arrived with processed sliced cheese slapped on top not even melted or cut up on tin bits of steak,no onions or anything else ....was incredibly bad.
Our waitress did nothing when we complained she just sent it back and they microwaved it .
She forgot our drinks and looked away when I politely complained.
Cos is about $ seventy dollars for a meal we hated and have not been back since after all these years

• Visited August 2012
Barrie, Canada
“Food was good, Service So-So, Probably Wouldn't Return”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Our party of 2 adults, 2 teens and one child was seated almost immediately. The place was really hopping ('scuse the pun) and the servers were zipping about trying to look after all of their customers. Unfortunately, ours made a couple of errors with our order, and when we pointed this out, she tried to blame it on my daughter (unforgiveable). When I insisted that she had clearly ordered what she wanted, she ruffled through the order slips in her apron, pulled ours out and saw that there had been a mistake, but did not appologise or acknowledge my daughter in any way - she just took the wrong order away and said the right order would be out right away. There was also an error with the kid's drinks, with the wrong flavour of milkshake arriving at our table. That, too, was also made right when we complained. The food was fine, and the prices very fair, but there was an almost uncomfirtable sense of chaos in the atmosphere. Perhaps there were just not enough staff on to cover the restaurant. The benched were a bit sticky, but I guess you have to expect some of that at a pancake house, and although not fancy, the bathrooms were clean and functional. The bill was about $75 before tax for the 5 of us which was reasonable. I probably would not return, mostly because of the rushed and frenzied atmosphere - even though there were mistakes made, I felt badly for the staff who were being run off their feet.

• Visited August 2012