“Excellent Dinner, Great Service, Great Coupon Offer” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of East Side Mario's - CLOSED

East Side Mario's
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, American, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Central City
Courtenay, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Dinner, Great Service, Great Coupon Offer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

We had a wonderful meal at this location! The staff were very accommodating and friendly and the food was top notch! My children were over the moon about their milkshakes! My husband and I were delighted with the price for our family of four as there is a wonderful hotel across the street, The Holiday Inn Express, Kelowna, that gave us a special discount coupon for East Side Marios with our room keys :) Thank you for a wonderful family meal at an affordable price! We will definitely be back.

Visited September 2013

“not the best experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I've dined at the East Side Mario's West Vancouver location and had an AMAZING experience. So I had an itch to go out for dinner at the Kelowna location ( recently moved to Kelowna). It was a Saturday and I expected it to be busy. I work in the food/service industry myself and can understand how hectic a weekend can be ! Arrived , was told there was going to be a 15 minute wait (no biggie) but another host said he could seat us in the lounge right away which was great. took about 7-10 minutes to be greeted by our waitress. She at first seemed super overbearing ....came across as just too much for me to handle at the time. Her service definitely improved as the night went on. took a wee bit to get drinks. took longer for our food order to be taken. and then it took just about an 1HR AND 45MIN to get our food. Waitress was attentive and kept on apologizing. I understand.. busy night. but seriously.. an hour and 45??? maybe had new kitchen staff ?? or maybe just simply forgotten? When the food came out my pasta dish was good. a little plain but it was good. My partners meal was wrong.. but he didnt have the heart to complain and also didnt want to risk waiting anymore. his Arrabiatta sauce on his pasta tasted way over cooked and burnt. flavourless italian sausage... under cooked pasta. his dish was horrible. but we made do . didnt stay for dessert. kitchen staff maybe just need to be trained more? not to sure. but unfortunately, will not be returning.

• Visited October 2013
“Rocking the boat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I seem to be rocking the boat here, but I had an excellent time with my family a couple of weeks ago. I don't normally go to chain or Italian restaurants, but this was local to the hotel and there wasn't a lot of loud music to contend with.

We turned up on a Sunday at about 7pm, the place was fairly empty, which normally is a worry. The server (possibly the manager) was absolutely fantastic. Cheerful without being overbearing, and very helpful. We didn't know the restaurant's portion sizes when we ordered, so we were very pleased when we ordered our food he said to us, that while he'd not mind the tip from a large order, he thought we may have ordered too much. The food was tasty, and piping hot when it arrived after a short time. We had a great time!

Maybe it was because I was there on a quiet Sunday, or maybe they have been addressing the points mentioned in other reviews, but I would have no problem going to East Side Mario's again the next time I'm in town.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Winnipeg
“food and service were very disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

this restaurant was close to our hotel so we popped over for a late supper. the servers (had 2 different ones) were over zealous and annoying (seemed to know little about how to be professional) and the food tasted reheated and uninspiring. the cost was too high for the disappointing food and service. we wished we had gone across the street to Joey's instead. oh well, next time. we've been at east side mario's restaurants in other cities and had good experiences, so it must be particular to this one in Kelowna that isn't great.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank LoisWinnipeg
Chilliwack, Canada
“Nothing special, would not return.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Great staff but food bearly ok. Dishes lacked freshness and flavour. Ceasar salad soggy. The best thing was the Budda breadsticks, they were very yummy. Pizza OK, nothing special. It's hard to stomach eating only half ones meal of crappy food and end up with a bill of over $80 with tip (family of 4). Yikes. Would not patron this chain eatery again, in any city.

• Visited August 2013