“Loved it!”

Long Lake Waterfront B&B
Ranked #3 of 34 Nanaimo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My hubby and I totally enjoyed our stay at Long Lake B&B. The hosts Gordy and Janice are a treat. The location is superb and the lake is tranquilizing, will definitely visit in the summer to enjoy all the other amenities.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
LongLakeWaterfrontBB, Owner at Long Lake Waterfront B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Very pleased you had a great stay here . Nanaimo is blessed with a mild climate so the lake is appealing through all the seasons. Summer is coming - the kayaks and canoe are calling you back :)

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Wonderful place, with lots of amenities, so build in time to enjoy your time at this B&B; Gordie and Janice are great hosts, and are vey hospitable; Breakfast was very good; you will enjoy this B&B very much!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband and I were celebrating our 15 years of marriage this year and were looking for a getaway on Vancouver island. We wanted to visit Nanaimo as part of our trip and we looked up Bed and Breakfasts there on trip advisor. We decided to go with Long Lake Waterfront because the rooms looked inviting and the price was great. When we got there, we were not at all disappointed but rather surprised at how nice the rooms were. The view from our suite 'Madrona' was superbe!! Loved the breakfasts and the hosts are very nice. We got to meet some great people and loved the peaceful moments in the spa as well as in our room watching old movies from a good selection they carry. Great place, would go back any time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I should have written this review a long time ago. My boyfriend and I had gone there summer 2013 in early September. Janice and Gordie Robinson were so nice as to give us the room that we wanted because my boyfriend was planning a surprise trip for my birthday which he also happened to proposed that same week.

The B&B was beautiful! Right on the lake where you could swim, kayak, and canoe! There was a hot tub and lots of things to do there just at the B&B. It was the perfect getaway -- you really don't need to go downtown Nanaimo, because Long Lake had more than enough entertainment. Long Lake is definitely the perfect place to relax.

Janice and Gordie make an extremely delicious dinner and Gordie took us on a ride on his ski-do which was a blast. They also took into consideration my dietary needs because I am severely lactose intolerant and even asked if I preferred almond milk or soy (I preferred almond milk). I can't say enough about how beautiful, relaxing and comfortable the establishment is. The room was gorgeous!

I would recommend this B&B to anyone who is asking where they should stay in Nanaimo. Even people who live in Nanaimo should stay at this B&B just because you need to see this place!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

I'm so lucky to choose Long Lake Waterfront B&B as my first time living in B&B. The room is very warm and cozy. And the breakfast is awesome!Gordie and Janice introduced their home and had a nice chat with me~ Thank you for taking care of me a lot!

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This is by far one of the best B and B's I have ever stayed in! It is clean, with a comfy bed, and in a excellent location. Gord and Janice are amazing hosts and great cooks! I would reccommend this B and B to any holiday'ers, and business travellers.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed for only one night, but would have stayed some more if we could. The room was very clean and luxuorious and the owners were very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed a very nice breakfast while overviewing the lake.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nanaimo
Coast Bastion Hotel
Nanaimo Ocean View B&B
#5 of 34 in Nanaimo
72 mi away
Water's Edge Shoreside Suites

Been to Long Lake Waterfront B&B? Share your experiences!