“like staying with old friends”

Long Lake Waterfront B&B
Ranked #3 of 34 Nanaimo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 August 2009

Gordie and Janice were genuinely friendly and attentive without being obtrusive - conversation and assistance there when you needed it, privacy and relaxation when you wanted that.
My suite was spacious and beautifully presented, with splendid views and every commodity from a spa bath and extra towels, to make-up wipes (and a spare pair of reading glasses when I was spotted squinting at the computer screen).
Breakfasts were ample and delicious - a new surprise every morning, and every guest's special requirements lovingly catered to.
Bring your swimmers so you can enjoy the lake and hot tub, and let Gordie take you on his quick jetski tour of the lake.
The facilities and service were beyond expectations, and although I splurged a little to spend three nights here I got more than my money's worth.
I really felt like I'd known Janice and Gordie for years, and I'll certainly stay again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 31 July 2009

for the past few years I have travelled to Nanaimo for a three day convention. I have stayed at Long Lake Bed and Breakfast each visit.
The hosts are wonderful. Each suite is elegant and clean. I will continue to return every summer.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2009

Beautiful location, ambiance, decor and service. Gordie and Janice's breakfast of egg souffle was fantastic.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2009

Absolutely wonderful bed and breakfast. Georgeous view, wonderful food, great company, very clean. Gordie and Janice are the best hosts we have ever had at a bed and breakfast. The paddle boat, canoe, swimming in the warm lake and jet ski were only some of our favorite parts.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2009

I can honestly say I have never stayed in such a great B&B. Gordie and Janice have thought of everything to make their guests feel welcome and "at home" away from home. Their hospitality was second to none. Our room was fantastic and was lacking nothing. The view of the lake in the morning and evening was fantastic, and sitting on the decking beside the lake was just magical. We actually went on the "Nautical Experience" sorted out by Gordie and what tales we have of "the huge salmon that got away"!! We have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending the Long Lake B & B to everyone. Go with no worries and have fun!! Mary & George, Rugby, England

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2009

My husband and I stayed two nights at this beautiful Bed & Breakfast and enjoyed it very much. Janice and Gordie were a delightful couple and fabulous cooks! On our last day Gordie offererd a personal tour of the lake on his boat however our ferry ride home prevented us from doing so. Next time we go I will take him up on his offer. I would strongly recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a peaceful, beautiful, home away from home!!

Alana & Scott

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2009

Three nights of an amazing view of the lake and three mornings of wonderful, hot breakfasts. Gordie and Janice made us feel right at home from the moment we arrived to stay in the beautiful, spacious Madrona suite. On a visit for both business and pleasure, we enjoyed the hot tub overlooking the lake, the paddleboat we used for taking a tour of the other gorgeous waterfront homes, and the ride on the SeaDoo with Gordie. During our stay in Nanaimo we visited the new Conference Centre, admired the boats in the marina, shopped in the downtown core, and fired up our adrenaline while bungy jumping. It was so nice to come back to a clean, quiet, beautiful home at the end of each day. We would recommend the Madrona suite to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business