After a full day of whale watching in Nanaimo, we arrived at the Pine & Picket about 8pm tired, starving and in need of a shower. We were greeted by Ania and Ingvar and immediately felt relaxed; not only did they welcome us into their home, our room was prepared to a fantastic standard. We were given directions (and a discount coupon) to the local restaurant (5 mins drive) and after we had consumed a mouth watering steak, we slump into our comfortable bed for a peaceful night's sleep.
Next morning we were awakened by the smell of freshly baked scones and Vietnamese coffee. One reason alone to stay at this B&B is for the Breakfast. Ania, a professional chef, prepared what I can only describe as the best Eggs Benedict I have ever had. Topped off by homemade jams, fresh fruit salad and of course the scones, it was just a dream. We were only in Nanaimo for one night and coming back to this B&B is definitely a must if I ever return to Vancouver Island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short walk from the Nanaimo ferry terminal with incredible views of Departure Bay & Newcastle Channel. 2 beautifully appointed rooms with private ensuite bathrooms, sundecks overlooking the waterfront, close to kayak rentals, seaplanes; one of your hosts is a French Chef! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Pine & Picket B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pine & Picket Bed And Breakfast
- The Pine & Picket Hotel Nanaimo