From the moment we arrived, we felt like we were staying with long-time friends. Both Ania and Ingvar were very friendly and welcoming. It's a great location. There are a couple of decent restaurants within a block or so, and the harbour-front walkway starts just a few blocks down the road. We stayed in the Provence Suite and enjoyed sitting on the balcony watching the BC Ferries come into the harbour over the roof tops. The bed was super comfortable, and there was a good selection of DVD's available to enjoy. Ania was extremely helpful with restaurant recommendations (we had an excellent meal) and advice for the next leg of our trip to Ucluelet/Tofino. Everything was great - but 2 things stood out: 1) how comfortable Ania and Ingvar made us feel to be in their home, and 2) BREAKFAST!!!! Ania is an amazing chef. We were spoiled with fresh berry parfaits (complete with edible flowers), home-made scones, and eggs benedict topped with saffron - all from scratch and all extremely delicious. No detail was overlooked. It might just have been the best breakfast we've ever had. We know where we'll stay if our path ever brings us to Nanaimo again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short walk from the Nanaimo ferry terminal with incredible views of Departure Bay & Newcastle Channel. 2 beautifully appointed rooms with private ensuite bathrooms, sundecks overlooking the waterfront, close to kayak rentals, seaplanes; one of your hosts is a French Chef! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Pine & Picket B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pine & Picket Bed And Breakfast
- The Pine & Picket Hotel Nanaimo