“looking forward to next time”

Asteras Greek Taverna
Ranked #1 of 323 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 22 August 2014

my husband and i live on gabriola, and make a special trip to sastify our craving for authenic greek food! i have been eating this cuisine for 40 years and know a little about what it should taste like . asteras is at the top of my list. we have never been disappointed in anything. thanks for coming to nanaimo! my mouth is watering as i write!

1  Thank lambo649

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Great atmosphere. I ordered the Lunch Special as I almost always do, so I can get a taste of all my Greek favourites...flaky Spinach Pie, Greek Salad with feta that does not come from the local grocer, melt in your mouth hot and lightly breaded Calamari, tangy Dolmathe, tender and tasty Keftede, creamy Hummus, garlicky Tzatziki and hot freshly baked Pita Bread. Plus great service and special attention from Peter the owner. We rarely leave without a complimentary dessert or House Special drink.

1  Thank KapNanaimo_BCCanada
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Ok. I will make this simple for you. This is the best Greek restaurant in North America. We discovered it 4 or 5 years ago. I love it, my wife LOVES it, my kids love it and so will you! We have been there several times over several years and continue to enjoy the consistency, value and atmosphere. We were there 2 days ago and for our 30th wedding anniversary,this again is where we both pick as our first choice to celebrate. I have no vested interest here other than to share my unbiased opinion. For Greek cuisine, it surpasses anything in Greece that I have enjoyed and it is right in the backyard at Canadian prices.

1  Thank Victor S
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is unquestionably the best Greek restaurant we have ever been to. Besides the delicious authentic dishes, the owner has created a wonderfully warm atmosphere that shows his passion and dedication to pleasing his guests. Also impressive is the attentiveness of his staff who are the perfect combination of professional and personable. Thank you Peter and staff for a most memorable dining experience!

1  Thank Sherri G
Reviewed 11 August 2014

It is hard to find a fine-dining restaurant with a great service, food and atmoshere in such a small city as Nanaimo. Asteras has it all! I went there with my friends for a Birthday party. We were treated with a special attention and great care. Drinks and food arrived on time despite the fact that the restaurant was packed with people. Greece seemed so much closer because of the charming owner and greek music. Desert on the house with a candle and a round of applause from servers and customers made me feel very special. If you would like to feel special on your special occasion, Asteras should be your number one choice!

1  Thank Anie364