“A 5- Star B&B”

Stephenson Point Seaside B&B
Ranked #9 of 34 Nanaimo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Thank you Cher, you went up and beyond to make sure everything was just right.
I went to sleep every night enjoying the "Great" view from my room & woke to a spectacular
breakfast for 6 days.
May you always be the same wonderful woman that you are.
In years to come I hope to stay with you many times.

Many Blessings, Cher

Glenn Calawa

Room Tip: The Eagle's Nest, wonderful!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 March 2012

What a lovely place to spend a week. My room was so comfortable and I had a wonderful view of Departure Bay (we saw eagles flying right by the window). The hostess, Cher, was so charming and kind and made me feel at home. Breakfasts were fantastic, with such a variety. I ate so well! I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Truly a home away from home.

Room Tip: Oceanview rooms a beautiful and have a lovely deck.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2011

i just back back from a weekend on the Island visiting friends in Nanaimo. I don't normally stay in B&B's but after speaking to Cher (the owner) on the phone I felt very comfortable trying Seaside. And I'm so happy I did. My room was so nice and comfy I barely wanted to get out of bed. Staring out onto the ocean from my room was so relaxing. I probably would have stayed in bed all day except then I would miss out on Cher's delicious breakfast. Day one Eggs Bene. Day two Sausages and French Toast. What a treat! I felt like when I left I was leaving a new friend and a place I hope to visit again. Thanks for a fab weekend and sending me home with some of your homemade granola.

Adrienne, Vancouver

Room Tip: When I checked-in the other guest hadn't arrived yet so I got the full tour. I had booked the Oc...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Thanks to our host Cher my partner and I had the most relaxing time possible in Nanaimo. I had never been to the west coast before and was blown away by the spectacular views afforded us from our deckside room. Watching the ferries and float planes coming in and out of the harbour was a special treat during the quiet moments of our stay. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we decided to stay on for an extra couple of days. My partner Don even turned it into a busman's holiday and installed a large mirror in the upstairs hallway for Cher (glad to help out such a lovely lady). We had been travelling for the previous week and a half all over the Vancouver area visiting Don's family and places where he lived for almost 20 years and the Seaside B&B was a welcome haven of rest. Thank you again Cher for your fabulous breakfasts (impossible to go away hungry!) and for being such a gracious host. I definitely recommend this place for the stunning views, great breakfasts, cleanliness and for Cher herself. I'm only sorry it took me so long to write this review (acually Sept. 2009). I haven't forgotten how great you were to us, thanks again from Don and Elizabeth.

Room Tip: The upper deckside rooms have stunning views and there is an ensuite available on that level as well...
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Cher is beyond helpful. As an Insite attendee I very much appreciated her compassion and the peaceful place to digest what I was learning. There are beautiful walks to the ocean nearby and a lush almost tropical landscape to enjoy. I will return.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2011

From the first moment I stepped in the door I felt as though as I was at a home away from home. Cher welcomed as at the door and immediately we knew that we were in good hands. The amazing Oceanside room has a magnificent view of the bay and is a great place to relax, rewind, and awaken refreshed. Our breakfast was a delicious (amazing eggs benny) meal. P.S. Im a guy who can eat his body weight daily and I was good well into the afternoon! The gazebo is a great place to take an afternoon nap - trust me, you may need one if you decide to Kayak on the stunning blue waters with the view of majestic sculpted mountains - your senses get tired just taking this all in! Loved it!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Our hostess, Cher was such a beautiful person! We had a wonderful stay in her gorgeous home on the ocean. The atmosphere was so relaxing and easy going. She makes the most wonderful home made granola and serves it with creamy yogurt!! Yummy!! And that was just the first course!! Delicious breakfast each & every morning!!
For peace and tranquility, walk down the path to the gazebo and sit a while to take in the breath taking view!!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the master suite with adjoining bath. It was convienent and we did not have to share the...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family