“Little Piece of Heaven”

Price range: US$2 - US$9
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We make all our breads and pastries using organic flour, butter and sugar. our eggs are from a local farm and our coffee is from Drumroaster in Duncan. We serve delicious breakfast and lunch using only high quality ingredients in a relax and friendly atmosphere
Reviewed 17 October 2013

While wandering around from the cruise ship on a day was rainy and foggy, we could smell fresh baked goods and followed our noses and found Mon Petit Choux. Upon entering we were challenged with what to order because everything looked and smelled so good. We were told by a friend that we had to try a Nanaimo bar. When I ordered I was told these bars were not as sweet as others in town. The bar was very good and the sweetness I tempered with a cup of their fantastic coffee. My wife had their croissant cinnamon roll she was not disappointed by the combination of flavors.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

As to the rest of Mon Petit Choux I cannot attest, however, the Nanaimo bar here is in the running for the best. The chocolate was delicious, atop a wonderful cream center. The grain at the bottom made into a delectable bed. All of this made for one of the best (I am still on a journey) Nanaimo bars in the city!

My wife felt like the bottom was what made the bar, as it was light and airy but not too sweet. She claims for most women that do not want an overpowering bar, this would be the best place to go.

*Plus, it is all fresh baked from items around Nanaimo.*

1  Thank Stuart and Kris... P
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We have eaten lunch at Mon Petit during previous trips to Nanaimo and again today we had an excellent lunch.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

An acquaintance on Gabriola Island recommended this place and its Tomato Tarte made with puff pastry and asiago cheese (about $7.50) served with lightly dressed salad greens. It was excellent! Also tried the interesting Carrot Ginger Soup ($2.50/cup) and an Americano which were both very well done. Interesting menu and customers ranged from old men reading the newspaper to young families with children. They also have an outdoor patio.

1  Thank das007ta
Reviewed 18 August 2013

There is now a good reason for me to breakfast in Downtown Nanaimo. I had an absolutely delicious breakfast plate. I don't often order scrambled eggs out because I am normally disappointed, but the topping of smoked salmon, whipped cream cheese and capers sounded interesting, so I thought what the heck. I was not disappointed. They were beautifully cooked, moist and tender without being wet. Some crispy fried shredded potato,a fresh slice of melon and a very fresh croissant with whipped butter and a delicious jam. This excellent breakfast with coffee for not much more than $10. Magnificent quality and value. Our server's name was Tess and she was truly wonderful. She knew the menu, was fast and efficient, concerned that we were happy and very professional. Cheers

1  Thank Mlinklater