Best Western Northgate Inn
US$130
US$125
US$202
US$134
All reviewswoodgrove mallwafflescontinental breakfastnewly renovated roomsfront desk staffnorth sideliquor storerestaurants and shoppingnorth nanaimoisland highwayfirst floorroad noiseexcellent staywill stay there againhotel is locatedconvenient locationvery nice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel was ok priced. A tad bit expensive for an older hotel that does require a bit of updating though. view of overgrown trees on main floor balcony wasn't pleasant. Would have been better to have nothing there or a bit of a trim job. On the other hand the beds were very very eye appealing and very comfy too!!
Breakfast was a long distance away so it's a good thing we are young and agile. The elderly or challenged may have a different opinion. Breakfast was a variety of choices. Something for everyone. Including fresh made waffles, bagels coffee , fruit and cereal. Juices and milk. Muffins and hard boiled eggs. Was a nice stay thanks.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 5Canadiantravelers
GMNorthgate, General Manager at Best Western Northgate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

We would like to thank 5Canadiantravelers for their review and would like to thank them for highlighting our comfy beds. We are currently undergoing some improvements to the exterior of the building and have plans to do some more work inside next year. We appreciate the comment about the foliage on the first floor courtyard side and we have certainly noted this. Some guests have told us they prefer that area of the hotel for the added privacy. Nevertheless we're always happy to revisit this.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

My brother usually plans & Takes my 89 yr old Mom on short trips, but sadly he passed away suddenly on his Birthday last Dec, It was my first trip with my Mom & myself and she insisted Best Western, as they have a full Continental Breakfast and I can bring her Bacon & Scrambled eggs up to the room. They always stayed in Courtney Best Western. I wanted to stay in Nanaimo as we where reconnecting with relatives in Ladysmith. The price for this Best Western was higher than we have paid in Courtney, so I was surprised to find a snack for breakfast.
The beds where so comfortable that after 3 nights there I didn't want to go home to my own bed.
The staff were exceptional. The young man at the front desk was so helpful and even called my Mom to see if she was okay when I stepped out to visit a cousin in Nanaimo.
My only disappointment was the breakfast and unfortunately because my Mom needs a good breakfast we will be looking for a different Best Western next time we come to the Island. One that includes the full continental breakfast for the same price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Terri G

We'd like to thank Terri G for their review and our sincere condolences to them for the sudden loss of their brother.
We're always disappointed when we don't meet our guests' expectations. We do our best to let our guests' know what we have to offer and to clarify differences between BEST WESTERN and BEST WESTERN PLUS hotels. Also, not every Best Western offers a free breakfast. From our understanding the BEST WESTERN PLUS property that the guest references has made some changes to their breakfast options and it may no longer be as this guest describes. To avoid disappointment we encourage guests to research hotel features, and in cases such as this whether hotels offer a free "hot breakfast", or free "continental breakfast".

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel was very clean. The staff knew area well. The breakfast was not a full restaurant style and not just continental either but somewhere in between.We had to ask for real glass wear to drink from but they were eager to give us what ever we needed. Bed was comfortable. Curtains blocked out light well. nice little balcony. No sounds through walls. Walking distance to bars/restaurants/malls

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank connied664
GMNorthgate, General Manager at Best Western Northgate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

We'd like to thank connied664 for their review and for highlighting some of our great features. We have many items available to guests upon request so please don't hesitate to ask our front desk team.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

booked late afternoon as I wasn't sure where I would be staying for the night. Thought I'd give them a try versus the usual place I stay. staff was super friendly on the phone and when I arrived at check in. they even called 5 minutes after I got into the room to make sure everything was ok. nice, clean and comfortable rooms. The included kick-starter breakfast is basic but is good to get you started. super friendly staff there as well. central to north nanaimo with lots to do in the area

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank LLHH
GMNorthgate, General Manager at Best Western Northgate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

We'd like to thank LLHH for their review and we hope to see them again in future. We appreciate that they highlighted our clean comfortable rooms, and our great service. Our breakfast is continental and features an assortment of baked goods, cereals, toast, yogurt, cold hard boiled eggs that can be heated, apples, bananas, oranges, 4 types of juice, coffee, a selection of tea, and we feature make your own waffles.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We travelled to Nanaimo with a group of Challenged adults. and stayed at the Best Western Hotel. The staff were wonderful getting all our rooms close together and gave us a suite for our driver and 2 staff. Breakfast was great and lots of food to try. When one of our client wandered away they knew just where to phone Thank you Best Western !! Cecile Mathews

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Cecille M

We would like to thank Cecille M for their review and for highlighting our great service and our continental breakfast. We look forward to welcoming them as our guests in the near future.