“Absolutely amazing stay.”

Coast Bastion Hotel
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Nanaimo
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This place is awesome. I've traveled all over north America and never received the service I did hear. Highly recommended. Ladies at the front desk went over and above what they had to do. I lost a shirt I was air drying on the balcony they found it pronto. If I'm ever back in nanaimo this will be the only hotel for me.

There are newer reviews for Coast Bastion Hotel

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Great hotel and room was in great shape with an awesome view. No troubles at all! Checkin was prompt and service was very friendly, I would recommend this hotel when staying in Nanaimo. I did not try the restaurant but it looked cleaned and inviting.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I will never stay there again. We were not told when we made the reservation that we would have to pay for parking everyday or that the rooms only have double beds. Also, no pool here so don't stay here if you have children. Staff were rude and arrogant and had no idea how to treat their guests with respect. It was the worst experience I have had at a hotel.

3  Thank Nedra2013
David R, General Manager at Coast Bastion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations and to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you by not being informed in advance that there was a fee for parking. Unfortunately like most hotels that are located in a city centre parking is at a premium and therefore a fee is charged. Our reservation agents are trained to verbally confirm all details including room types when making reservations on behalf of a guest. They follow up the verbal confirmation with an email that confirms arrival & departure dates, room types and room rates. We hope that although the bed size was not as expected you still enjoyed a comfortable sleep.

We are a family friendly hotel and appreciate and welcome all guests - this includes sports teams, and more. We are always mindful of the needs of our different guests and we try our best to give everyone a positive and relaxing experience. Our Ambassadors receive ongoing guest service training, however when faced with the challenge of ensuring the safety and security of our guests their assertiveness may have come across as being rude. I have discussed your comments with our team and I have reminded them of the importance of remaining professional at all times even in adverse situations.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for letting you down. We hope you will consider staying with us again, and hope to provide you with a more satisfying hotel experience.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel April 16 and didn't want to leave. It is decorated beautifully and our view was of the harbour (which we requested.) Tastefully decorated (reminded me of a swedish room!!) and the food in the restaurant was fabulous. And staff is awesome. We had a very smooth check-in and check-out. My only complaint was having to pay for the parking. In my book, if I'm already paying quite a bit to stay there, the least the hotel can do is pay for parking.

But I would definitely (and aleady have!) recommend this hotel to everyone.
Well done, Coast Bastion!! You have wonderful staff!!

Room Tip: We requested a water view and were not disappointed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
David R, General Manager at Coast Bastion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Ikhappytraveller,

It is always appreciated when one of our guests takes the time to let us, and their fellow Trip Advisor reviewers, know when we have met or exceeded expectations.

While we are very proud of the esthetics of our hotels modern design, the harbor views from every guest room and the vast array of amenities that we provide, including a spa, we are most proud of our Ambassadors and the way they go above and beyond for our guests each and every day. I completely agree with you that we have an outstanding staff that truly loves what they do.

Thank you for choosing the Coast Bastion Hotel. We are looking forward to having you and your family as our guests again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Lovely for a short trip from home, to look out over the active harbour, and relax in the suite-style atmosphere. Worth the extra for the bigger room and SE view. Very clean and quiet. Love the chaise lounge reading chair.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Our experience with the hotel was very good. They are pet friendly (and we were traveling with our dog). Our room was on a high floor with view of the harbor (I believe all the rooms have a good view of the city or the harbor). Hotel location is right on the harbor walk, and steps from the downtown. All was comfortable, worked correctly, etc. Free Internet in the room.

Room Tip: Get a high floor for the view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Phillip G,

I wanted to thank you for choosing the Coast Bastion Hotel, and for then taking the time to pass along your feedback. We were thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sure that your furry friend enjoyed the treats and attention from our Bell staff each day on their way outside for walkies. We will look forward to welcoming you and your pet back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Clean, comfortable, quiet, and an excellent location for our stay. Staff that we encountered appeared to like their jobs and were friendly and professional. We had booked a queen room and when I asked for an upgrade was gladly given one. The rooms were very clean we were on the 14 th floor with a wonderful view of the harbor. The downtown location was great as there are many small places to grab a coffee and a bite to eat. We had to park in a parkade one block away as we had a truck and canopy. I was most impressed by the housekeeping staff. I returned to our room and the housekeeper was in our room. She would not allow me entrance into my room until I gave her my room key to try in the door. She was polite and very respectful I really liked the little extra security. They also have a very nice gym on site. Definitely will return

• Stayed: April 2014
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels
David R, General Manager at Coast Bastion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for choosing the Coast Bastion Hotel. We are looking forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nanaimo
The Inn on Long Lake
The Grand Hotel Nanaimo
The Grand Hotel Nanaimo
#12 of 18 in Nanaimo
Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection

Been to Coast Bastion Hotel? Share your experiences!