“Excellent Customer Service”

Travelodge Nanaimo
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Nanaimo
“Excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Hi, my family and I stayed at the Travelodge for 3 days, we enjoyed our spacious room. The rooms were clean every day. The staff is absolutely amazing, superior customer service, great breakfast...we will be back

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank M d

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Had to cancel a trip because I am ill. I booked on Priceline. This hotel would not help in any way to re-book me. I know the management will say that is what happens when you book a third party. I do know that. I had to cancel at 2 other hotels. They were quite helpful and willing to re-book us. They didn't have to re-book and could have said no like Travelodge Nanaimo but, I think it was good PR since I was sick. I travel alot and will not want to book Travelodge just because unwilling to break their rules and give someone who is sick a break.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Nanaimo hotels

Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I only needed one night, so I stopped in at Travelodge. Convenient to ferry and a White Spot across the street. Clean room, free breakfast, the usual continental with fresh waffles! That was a nice surprise. Bed was comfy, a little noise from road, but I turned on fan to drown it out. Overall decent place for your money, I would stay here again in the future.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Amazing property!

My family and I stayed at the Travelodge this past weekend and had such a great experience.

With a family budget in mind, we stopped at about 3 other properties to get the best deal. When we inquired about rates, we noticed the "family" type aura right away from the clerks. We had a chance to meet the owner Sue, she was fantastic and incredibly accommodating to our needs (and gave us a discount!)

We were booked in one of their newly renovated suites. The room had modern furniture, new linens and updated hardware which was a nice surprise as other Travelodge hotels that I've stayed at were quite outdated. Also, rooms were meticulously CLEAN +++

Breakfast was also great. Especially considering it was FREE. It was definitely a FULL breakfast plus more (offered hard boiled eggs, which is almost never included with other "continental" breakfasts).

We just felt for the price, you get so much more! Had to share with other travelers because this place is a hidden gem.

Only drawback is I wish they had a pool and hot tub (as my kiddies would have loved that).

Room Tip: Stayed on the newly renovated floor! You should request at front desk!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank WestCoastFamily S
GM_TravelodgeNanaimo, Guest Relations at Travelodge Nanaimo, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for your review. I would like to start off by introducing myself, my name is Coraleah I am one of the Guest Relations Coordinators here at Travelodge Nanaimo.

We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We have a great team here and believe in providing the highest caliber of service to our entire guests. The hotel has been renovated in the spring of 2013, from the granite tops in the washrooms to the new linen on the bed, along with the new pillow top mattress. We don’t have a pool or hot tub but we are only minutes away from one that’s great for all ages that are reasonably priced.

Our breakfast is not your typical continental breakfast your right, we like the idea of providing a wide variety of food for our guests to choose from. We even have noticed it’s become quite popular with the waffle maker being added.

I will let Sue know about your compliment that you have posted and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Regards,
Coraleah
Langley
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My husband and I are traveling with two extra extra large dogs / booking hotels that allow dogs can be scary / we are so impressed with this hotel. It's clean clean clean - that's all that matters to me. Yes it's an older hotel with older furnishings - but everything is in good condition and clean. The bed is really comfortable and we have had good night sleeps. The room is large enough to fit two huge dog beds on the floor with room for the humans to move around. There is a great little backyard to take the dogs for their business. The location is centrally located for great access to the island highway which we are traveling on daily. The front desk staff is extreme helpful and very very friendly. The breakfast is a great little continental with lots to choose from. I only have good things to say about this hotel and I am beyond picky. Great place for great value and it's soooo clean!!!! We will be back!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank alifewithdogs
Dear Valued Guest

We are glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay, we love accommodating everyone including the furry four legged family members. We have a great team here and believe in providing the highest caliber of service to our entire guests. Our beds were all switched to new pillow top mattress in the spring of 2013, and are always looking for ways to improve the hotel with renovations.
Our breakfast has been very popular after putting in our waffle maker along with the wide variety of food we also have. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Regards,
Coraleah
Port albeni
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This is a good hotel. Nice rooms, comfy beds and great location. The internet streaming is terrible. I can do basic browsing but when I stream netflix all my devices will crash after about 2 minutes. Laptop, ipad and cell phone all crash only when using Netflix at this hotel. Don't know if they are blocking streaming for $$ reasons

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Joesiah
GM_TravelodgeNanaimo, Public Relations Manager at Travelodge Nanaimo, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for your review and your very kind, positive comments. We truly believe that our guests only deserve the best quality of rooms and customer service. We pride ourselves on providing the highest caliber of customer service, which is what may set us apart from other hotels.

I am terribly sorry that you had a less then satisfying experience with our internet connection. We have just recently updated our wireless internet; we now have a top of the line system. That update was done just a few days ago. We never did have any restrictions on streaming; it would have just been affected by how many people were using it at that time. Now with our new upgrades, streaming from your devices should be no problem at all. I hope that you will revisit our property again, this time being more satisfied with our internet connection.

Kindest regards,

Jewel Angers.
Port Alberni, Bc
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed one night and have stayed here a few years ago. It's been updated recently and the rooms now have better furnishings and the bathrooms have been updated. The rooms are generally on the small side, but fittings and lighting have been well thought out. The bed was a bit collapsed in the middle. The TV and cable offering is excellent.

The hotel was very quiet the night we stayed (might be busier on other nights and it's a favourite with sports teams). Breakfast is very good. Lots of variety of fruit, bagels, muffins, waffles. The eating area is very small, but it was a quiet night in the hotel so didn't affect us.

What keeps this Travelodge popular is there are not many hotel brands to choose from in Nanaimo. Hotels are generally pricey once you see a familiar brand. This Travelodge is quite near the Departure Bay ferry terminal - you need to turn in just prior to the hotel if you're arriving from the ferry side. You can show your room key for a 10% discount at the nearby White Spot (at the Keg too, but it's harder to find).

Room Tip: Third floor has lift access.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_TravelodgeNanaimo, General Manager at Travelodge Nanaimo, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive review. I cannot express how much these reviews really help us to sustain and better the highest caliber of customer service we can.

I am sorry that you felt your room was small it was probably a corner suite. We have 6 different room types and they all range from various of sizes. Next time please do not hesitate to request a non-corner suite our front desk agents would be more than happy to accommodate you! As per your mention of the beds, we actually replaced all our beds with brand new pillow top mattresses in spring'13. We have been hearing great reviews on them!

I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast. In the slower seasons the space is usually more than sufficient for the guests in house. In the busier months we have an outdoor patio that seats many more guests. It's a beautiful addition in the sunny weather!

Regardless thank you for your review again and we look forward to seeing you again.

Kindest regards,