“Very Informative”
Review of Nanaimo Museum

Nanaimo Museum
Ranked #8 of 83 things to do in Nanaimo
More attraction details
Owner description: Nanaimo Museum: Discover Nanaimo’s fascinating history in our new museum located in the VI Conference Centre. The main gallery offers a sense of what life was like for Nanaimo's earliest settlers and the Snuneymuxw First Nation. Our award winning replica coal mine is a special treat. The museum also manages the Bastion, an original Hudson's Bay Company post built in 1853. Don’t miss the gift shop!Museum Hours: 10am - 5pm Monday to SaturdaySummer Hours: Open Daily 10am - 5pm
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Really an interesting little museum. Gives you the history and background of Nanaimo. Good value for the prive you pay for admissions. Friendly staff too which made a whole lot of difference.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

I loved the museum and did quite a bit of shopping. Because I was leaving on public transportation, the lady called over a gentleman and they bubble wrapped and secured my breakables. I left for the ferry right after to go to Richmond and my journals were not in the bag. I called them and they mailed my things to my house in the US with a note and a gift.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

A group of us checked out the Nanaimo museum. It was very small inside and the two exhibits were also small. It was neat to learn about the coal mining history of the city. Over all we spent about an hour at the museum. We each paid $2 for admission so it was a decent affordable outing. However I don't think we will return.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Showcases the times of Nanaimo..with lots of local history and island history.
Often showcases a travelling art promotion as well
Always worth a stop to learn something new whether or not you are a local or a visitor from afar!

debbieNanaimo, General Manager at Nanaimo Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

So glad you enjoyed your visit-thank you for the 5 stars!!

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Though not as impessive as a large city museum it represented our area well and was interesting.The early Nanaimo schoolroom was fun for me to tell my grandchild about and we sat in the old desks. She learned about ink wells and dressed up in the clothes of those days