“Perfect place to crash after a long day of shopping. Quiet & Comfortable.”

The Inn on Long Lake
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Nanaimo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Earth
“Perfect place to crash after a long day of shopping. Quiet & Comfortable.”
Reviewed 7 December 2009

We have stayed at the Inn twice now. Both times we have been very happy with our stay. The place is simple, but is roomy, clean and quiet. The Inn, is located on a beautiful lake and in a very convienient location. The cost is very reasonable, especially with a continental breakfast being included for each guest in the room.(4 of us) We especially enjoy the spa, and always ask for a ground floor room as the spa, a beautiful gazebo styled building, is just a short walk away. We stayed two nights this last visit to Nanaimo. We go down each year for a shopping weekend. The Inn gave us an incredible deal they had going. The shoppers discount they offered, showed their support for their local economy, and in these difficult economic times for so many, it is great to see businesses working on bringing in customers for other businesses. Thanks, Inn on Long Lake, for a great weekend away from home, we look forward to our stay next year.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank Trivianna
mngr, General Manager at The Inn on Long Lake, responded to this review, 8 December 2009
We would like to Thank You for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor Review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my Staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 250-758-1144. Again, thanks for taking the time - we hope to see you again soon.

Thaylin Parrish
Inn on Long Lake, Nanaimo, BC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
canada
Reviewed 19 May 2009

we needed a place to relax for a night after 4 days of driving. The spa hit the spot!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kathiann
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2009

Stayed at this hotel for two nights. It was a decent place to stay, we were not in our rooms very much other than to sleep. I was woken up very early by the shower from the room above (I was on the first floor) but I had not heard anyone walking around. My colleagues stated they heard road noise as the hotel is right next to the highway, I did not hear any road noise but my room was further from the road. Hotel was clean, staff helpful. Breakfast pleasant, view outstanding, I suspect it would be better in the summer. I was on business and as this hotel is close to my office I would stay there again but not for more than one or two nights.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank get_with_it
Canada
Reviewed 14 September 2008

I will start off by saying I am a Cruise & Vacation Specialist. I have stayed and worked at several hotels, but I would not recommend this hotel to any of my clients. It does look fabulous as you drive down the highway and see the lights at the end of the lake, all the rooms have a great view of the lake and the beds were comfortable. I just hope others have a better time then we did.
We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights to attend a family wedding. (Normally we stay in Parksville when we come to town.) We didnt stay there because the wedding was 5 mins from the hotel and thought we would try something new........... WHAT A BIG MISTAKE THAT WAS!! We booked three rooms for all the same family, when we checked in were not beside each other. We asked about it and were told we couldnt because the motel was full. That is after making the reservations in advance.
The first night was HORRIBLE, there were several sports teams that checked in late, we had part of a team beside us, by the sounds of the noise you would think it was the whole team. BUT wait the fun doesnt stop there, we had another team above us. BOTH rooms were yelling, screaming, swearing, running up and down the walk ways, banging on the doors and walls, I am not sure what they were doing above us, but we were sure we were going to have visitors through the ceiling several times through out the night. If that wasnt bad enough, we could hear traffic all night, due to the poor seal on our door, oh wait, we didnt have a seal on the door. It was like sleeping on the highway. (Oh, did I mention we had a children in our room) Remember we couldn't be beside our family members because the hotel was full. You would think, and I have worked in hotels before, you would put ALL the teams in one area of the hotel and all the other guests espically the ones that make reservations together in another part of the hotel!! Several people in the hotel complained about the noise. One gentleman stated he phoned the front desk 3 times and it still went on most of the night.
Now lets go to the hotel room itself. There was chewed gum stuck on the side of the side table beside the beds, It looked like it had been there for a while. My daughter discovered that when she woke up, it was starring at her. My son went to use the mircowave shortly after the discovery of the gum and found an earwing in the microwave when he opened it. Hmmm, hungry anyone!! I looked around the mircowave to see if we could discover anything else, and boy did we ever. Food, dead bugs and stuff (i am not sure what is was) under the mircowave. I went to go and talk to the front desk, as I opened the door a housekeeper was there. I told her about the gum and microwave. At this point we needed more towels (as we were getting ready for the wedding) She stated she didnt have anymore at the moment but would bring us some and I told her if she could give us about an hour we would be gone for the day and then someone could clean our room. She stated ok. Well we are still waiting for the towels and waiting for someone to clean our room, including removing the gum and cleaning under the mircowave. I am sure hoping they have done that for the new people checking in!!

• Liked — The lake views from all the rooms
  • Disliked — Read my posting
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank Travelingmedic
mngr, General Manager at The Inn on Long Lake, responded to this review, 5 October 2008
The owners of The Inn on Long Lake and I would like to thank you for taking the time to express your own views on TripAdvisor. At this time I would like to make a couple of important clarifications.

The Inn on Long Lake takes great pride in the satisfaction of our Customers. We work diligently to maintain our high standards. When groups arrive on different days, it is difficult to guarantee rooms all in one area. All rooms were located on the ground floor in the desired bed type and non-smoking preferences.

With regards to noise complaints; we have Staff on duty at all times. At no time did any rooms call the front desk to report noise the weekend of your stay. Had any thing been reported it would have been our pleasure to take care of the problem right then. With our large building and grounds, even when on security rounds we may not hear what is heard inside a guest room. If we did our Staff would have addressed it immediately. In all fairness we were not given an opportunity to correct anything.

Addressing any housekeeping issues, we apologize as we obviously missed something. That, I can assure you, is not the norm for our Inn. After investigating with our Staff I do know that these things were addressed during your stay - again, we made every effort to correct any problems.

To find a review such as this is quite shocking and it is unfair that we were not given the opportunity to provide a solution.
comox valley
Reviewed 27 January 2008

The room itself was very clean and well kept. Tthe hotel is very close to a busy highway and there was not much sound proofing. I do not consider myself to be a light sleeper by anymeans and to say the least I was up the majority of the night from road noise. Horrible nights sleep.
The breakfast is the morning was nothing special with very basic options and a small eating space. Overall, way too much money for what the hotel was.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank valley1983
british columbia
Reviewed 1 January 2008

There was a boil water advisory for the city and I had to ask for complimentary water that was sitting on the floor behind the staff. The toilet was dirty at the base with hairs sticking to it and the bathtub had some nasty hairs in it as well

Stayed December 2007
3 Thank marbento
Victoria, BC
Reviewed 19 December 2007

My family and I stayed at the Inn last Spring. The room was comfortable, clean and with a beautiful view of the lake. The staff were exceptionally friendly and very helpful in organizing day excursions in and around Nanaimo. We can't wait for our next visit!

• Liked — The service
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank Wanderer392