“Cute little bistro that over-delivers in a big way.”
Review of The Nest Bistro

The Nest Bistro
Ranked #21 of 320 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: French, Italian, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Restaurant, lounge, bar, al fresco patio, scratch made food, locally sourced ingredients.
Cleveland, Ohio
“Cute little bistro that over-delivers in a big way.”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My husband and I visited this restaurant for the first time because it was recommended to us as a place that the locals really love. We can see why: although unassuming on the outside, once you step inside the warm and urban cool atmosphere takes you somewhere else.

The greeting was warm and welcoming and we were seated right away and given water immediately, a detail we appreciated. My husband had the lamb shank and I had
the duck breast. The flavors were extraordinarily balanced and the dishes just made sense. Again, the unassuming dishes, nicely presented and simply prepared, surprised you once you started eating by the intensity of flavor and the flawless preparation.

For dessert: cheesecake and chocolate cake, both served in a mason jar, the chocolate cake is served with hand made ice cream that is to die for.

If we lived here, we would go here twice a month!

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Emily D

Saltair B.C.
“Intimate and Impressive......Nirvana on a fork”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was entertaining an overnight visitor this past Saturday.......had to come up with a superb place for dinner, as she is an Executive Chef, and justifiably particular. I was so fortunate as to come up with a late, but better than not at all, reservation. We shared red wine, and a perfect selection encouraged by our skilled server. I wish I remembered our waitress's name, as she was perfect in every detail. Attentive, and she genuinely cared about our experience (she did not know my friend was a skilled chef) with recommendations that influenced our decisions.....made because of her eloquence! We were both very happy with our selections, appies, meal and a decadent dessert. My learned friend proclaimed that the evening was delightful, and our meals fabulous, and of good value, considering the presentation and service.
I'll be back, with anyone I am called upon to impress with a great locally inspired menu.

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank DonnaCrane
gabriola bc
“Worth searching out!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

This is a small restaurant (seating 26) that punches above its weight in terms of the quality and value that it offers. The menu is not extensive but covers most tastes and what they do they do well. The menu is supplemented by a daily special which is always worthy of consideration. The restaurant is tastefully decorated and the service prompt and friendly.

Due to the size and the lack of any waiting area (you could stand on the sidewalk outside) reservations should be considered. Also make sure you know how to find it as you could easily drive by without noticing it.

Parking is on the street and usually not a problem. There is a decent wine list and also the option of bringing your own wine with a likely corkage charge.

The Nest is in a more modest location than the Hilltop Bistro but is less pretentious and overall better value.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank doddsnarrows
Nanaimo
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I've eaten here twice, first with a group of about 10 people for a dinner meeting, second with my husband and another couple to reconnect. Both times were amazing. Loved the variety of food and its cooking and plating. Great service too. Cozy little spot for getting together.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank mitpen
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
“Fantastic Dinner in Nanaimo”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Thanks to the amazing team at the Nest Bistro for a great meal. It's worth the extra few steps from your Hotel to find this little gem.

Great tasting House Salad. The steak was flawless. I had a local beer brewed here that wasn't my favourite- but you don't know if you don't try.

Great atmosphere. Great prices.

Thanks so much!