“Best burgers in Nanaimo”
Review of Old City Take Out - CLOSED

Old City Take Out
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Canadian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Delicious fish & chips, burgers and hot dogs at a family owned and operated take-out. Great reviews, a faithful following and happy customers attest to the quality and care of the products.
Reviewed 1 August 2012

If your looking for a quick. home cooked meal, served up by some super friendly people than the old city takeout is the place to go. The burgers are devine, the fries are the best I've ever eaten and they make the most amazing home made ice tea. The menu is small but everything on it is awesome, which is hard to say about most restaurants. I highly recommend giving this gem of a restaurant a try.

There are newer reviews for Old City Take Out

Reviewed 15 July 2012

I read reviews saying this was the best fish and chips ever. We had fish and chips often on our maritime trip last summer and these were just good. Not awesome. It is a couple blocks off the main drag but nt hard ti get to. Menu is very limited but food is good. It is a take out so there is NO Bathroom. We had to go to Tim Hortons and buy a coffe and use theirs. I thought the food was expensive. 1 cheeseburger+ two 2 piece Halibut plates, poutine + 2 ice teas for $65. With limited overhead (literally) I expected it to be it to be cheaper. The kids say they would go back there again - but they aren't paying so I am sure that was are one and only. The owners are nice and friendly. They said most of their business is locals. I was surprised to see cod on the menu - on the west coast? At almost $20 for 2 pieces - I passed

3  Thank LacombeFamily12
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Simple food, done very very well. I have been many times and it is my favourite spot to eat in Nanaimo. I always debate about whether I prefer the fish and chips (best in town) or the great bacon cheeseburger. Fresh local and carefully chosen ingredients served by the owners themselves who make the experience like a second home. The little patio is really cute. Just go.

1  Thank FUNKMUNKNanaimo
Reviewed 22 June 2012

This place is really great! The fries are the best I've had in a long long time. The Halibut rivals Mill Bay Fish & Chips - which is saying a lot! The bacon cheddar burger was excellent. There are only 3-4 little patio tables for 'eating in' (it's primarily takeout) and they get very very busy on Friday after work. Family run, the way it tastes - you can tell they really care about making each order a really great meal - and they succeed!

I highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Excellent fish and chips...very large portion for ordering only the 1pce! My friend loved hers too and her daughter gobbled up the huge hot dog which we both tried to and found to be delicious. Friendly people and cute area to sit under umbrellas!