“Great Place for an Extended Stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nanaimo
Dorothy's Guest House
Ranked #13 of 34 Nanaimo B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Place for an Extended Stay!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Dorothy was warm & welcoming from our arrival onwards. We stayed initially in one of the rooms in the guest house followed by over a week in the suite. Both spaces provided a restful area to relax at the end of the day. Dorothy was accommodating to our hectic schedules and checked-in regularly to make sure we had everything we needed. The suite is fully equipped with everything you need to make a home cooked meal. Thanks for having us Dorothy!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 22178337

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Do not stay here. The owner nit-picked, complained, got angry, spoke rather rudely to us, and then refused to return a deposit. Considered trying to recover at Small Claims but decided it wasn't worth it for the $250 or so, making it a very expensive stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 0Rowan2014
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I contacted Dorothy via email and we were talking on the telephone within fifteen minutes. She required an email deposit of one night stay. I was able to check into the suite after arriving on the early ferry at 8am. It was clean, quiet and everything that was promised. Kitchen had everything that I needed to make meals. Lots of parking! The only thing I might have wanted was cable in the suite. There was a TV and DVD player with movies.....

Room Tip: I did not see any of the rooms in the house. The suite was available and only 10 dollars more each...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks in fall 2013, and will say with NO hesitation that this is a wonderful place to stay. Reasonable priced and comfortable, as a solo female traveller, I was safe and well looked after. Dorothy picked me up and dropped me off from the ferry- even offering to stop so I could pick up groceries. She did everything she could to make my stay comfortable.
Spacious living arrangement, comfortable bed, warm showers and CLEAN! Coffee and tea included, and plenty of room to cook for yourself. Close to downtown and right on the bus line to get me to the hospital for work.
Stay here, you will be glad you did.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TaraDVancouv
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stayed at Dorothy's for a week plus while at a conference. Had the downstairs apartment, which is quite spacious and has a great soaking tub. I loved my stay there. Dorothy is truly a kind and good person. I felt more like I was staying with family than just getting a room. She picked me up at the airport and took me grocery shopping, gave me a tour of the town and generally made me feel very much at home. The location is easily within walking distance of both the old town and the downtown arts/waterfront district. There is also a gorgeous park just across the street with trails along a stream. Hope I get to go back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank 225cherylh
Brier, Washington
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Our room and the entire home was clean and comfortable. Pretty living room with books, tourist info, and TV. It's on a bus line, but was quiet. Nice walking area. Park nearby. No meals, but OK to bring your own food and cook. Friendly. Lovely porch.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maureen c
Baar, Switzerland
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed one night in Nanaimo in September and where very happy when we found this reasonably priced accommodation. The host was super friendly and very welcoming. The room was very spacious as well as the bathroom. As we where the only guests we had the bathroom, living room & kitchen to ourselves. Everything is clean & well equipped and this is a perfect location if you need to get on an early morning ferry.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple