“Good value for money”

Brechin Lanes Bowling Centre
Ranked #4 of 10 Fun & Games in Nanaimo
More attraction details
Owner description: At Brechin Lanes we are proud to offer 16 State-of-the-Art 5 Pin bowling lanes. We also feature: automatic scoring, bumper bowling, glow bowling, Youth & Adult & 55+ leagues, a Pro Shop for both 5 Pin needs as well as lawn bowling supplies, party facilities and a great snack bar. We also have special group and family combos. Our friendly staff are ready to help you have a great time. Brechin Lanes -- Nanaimo's Place For Family Fun -- Since 1956!
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is a great little place to spend a winter's afternoon or morning. Make sure you book. There are plenty of deals including one that includes two games and a light luncheon. Get your friends together and have a visit.

1  Thank MarlMac
tbrittain, Owner at Brechin Lanes Bowling Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our behalf! We strive to be affordable, while not giving up quality. In addition to the various specials, we now feature a Membership Rewards card that offers 5% cash back rewards on future purchases!

There are newer reviews for Brechin Lanes Bowling Centre

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We have been going to Brechin Lanes for the last 3 year on a regular basis and absolutely love the experience every time. The staff is amazing and remember our names each time we go there. I was never much of a bowling fan before I discovered Brechin Lanes, but, even though my average hasn't increased very much, I absolutely love the experience of going there. All the staff makes us welcome and we feel like we are part of the organization. Keep it up guys! You are doing a great job!!

1  Thank stephanie b

Wow! Thank you very much for your kind words! We take great pride in our facility and we are proud of our staff for their excellent customer service!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Hadn't bowled in years but on holidays so brought the family here. We had the gutter bumpers up so we wouldn't get too discouraged. Had a great time!

2  Thank David M

We are so glad that you and your family came bowling after a long absence and that you had such a great time! The bumpers do make bowling a lot more enjoyable for kids, as they block those darn gutters. We like to think that we are a fun stuff to knock stuff down!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I like 5 pin bowling because the weight of the balls suits my tired arms :) The challenge of 5 pin is a lot different to 10 pin, but still, the principles are the same.

2  Thank Brews

Thank you for visiting our facility! You are correct, while 5- and 10-pin bowling are similar, the challenges are much different. Did you know that 5-pin bowling was invented in Canada, and is the only country in the world in which it is played? Made in Canada, played in Canada!

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Great renovation, bright and fun. Friendly staff (one miserable lady no longer seems to works there). I wish they would make their menu choices more healthy so I can say yes to my kids more often when they ask to go there.

2  Thank V-I-Explorer
tbrittain, Owner at Brechin Lanes Bowling Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your fun experience at Brechin Lanes. I'm glad that you like our renovations and I'm very proud of our great staff and their desire to ensure that our guests have a fantastic time with us. I did want to let you know that we have healthy and fresh salad and sandwich options as well as 'from-scratch' pizzas that are quickly becoming the talk of the town! Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you on the lanes again soon.