“Stop Looking, You have found it...”
Review of Hilltop Bistro

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Nelson street
Reviewed 7 August 2014

After spending some time with my wife in downtown Vancouver, and now on the island, we have had a chance to sample some very nice restaurants and experienced some excellent meals. Tonight we enjoyed the chance to get together with my wife's mother and her husband, and chose the Hilltop Bistro, which was closely located to the hotel we were staying at. I must say honestly our food was the best we have experienced on this holiday. The service was fabulous, the atmosphere is somewhat rustic, and very much what you would expect of a warm bistro. I couldn't recommend this enough, for even a very selective palate. Now when to get back there!!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We very much enjoyed our dinner! The steak was tender, the vegetables were fresh, the presentation was excellent. The desserts were amazing. We also experienced great service. The wine list is short but they do feature some local beers. The restaurant is located between a dental office and a dermatologist's office so we were not expecting such a wonderful meal. The restaurant is small so do get reservations if you want to enjoy a meal here.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This was our last dinner on the island and we saved the best for last. They had a 3 course $45 option that let you pick almost anything on the menu. The caprese salad was outstanding and the article char and chicken were perfectly cooked. Chocolate dessert with beignets was divine. The food was fresh with local ingredients and beautifully prepared. It is a small restaurant with excellent service. I would definitely return.

1  Thank SLulka
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Finally got to eat here after 2 years of a conflicting schedule. I wish I could have got there earlier. My gnocchi was pillowy soft well seasoned and balanced, the rabbit confit was a hit and the beans, chantrelles, peas and onions were cooked perfectly. I was late coming in so didn't have time for the prix fixe, I would definitely get it next time. The dessert was soft flavorful and balanced. The service was as high calibre as the food and atmosphere. An absolute must when visiting anywhere in a 100km radius, hands down the best meal I've had on the island and I didn't even get a the full prix fixe.

1  Thank Alex H
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great place to eat. Very tasty and beautifully cooked food. Enjoyed the local beer. Everything very thoughtfully prepared. Great service. A very enjoyable evening.

1  Thank Ian G