“Like Japanese?”

Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Nelson Rd
Description: The one and only Korean restaurant in Nanaimo! Namul is a Korean word for seasoned or sauteed vegetables and any edible greens or herbs. Our menu consists of authentic Korean cuisine, fusion Korean cuisine, and many kinds of rice and noodle bowls. We have gluten-free options as well as vegan options. We don't use any MSG or other food additives. We don't deep fry anything either. We cook everything the right way for the full healthy nutrition. We freshly hand-cut all of our vegetables and meats for our food. For an authentic genuine home-style restaurant in Nanaimo, come to Namul and enjoy the fresh and homemade food
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My friend has a gluten and dairy sensitivity and the server went the extra, really, in accommodating her She loved her modified lunch which really impressed me. I love all their food! Atmosphere is rustic and comfortable, priced reasonably and servings are generous. It's next to the Quilted Duck gift shop among other neat shops and the best bakery in town!

2  Thank therese d

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I am not knowledgeable about Korean food, so cannot comment on authenticity.

This was our first visit and to their credit the ingredients are fresh, with healthy choices, homemade sauces, and good sized portions. Service was great and we were even given a complimentary veggie.

Since I don't like hot spicy sauces, the meal seemed quite tasteless, to be honest. The mild sauce choice to be added and stirred in was simply a light soy sauce. It was like fresh steamed vegetables drizzled with soy sauce. Bland.
We asked that cabbage be omitted from one choice, which the server readily accepted and noted on the order, but when it arrived, it was full of shredded cabbage interlacing the noodles.
The salad was unsurprising in taste. The Jon (shrimp pancake) was very greasy.
Its a pleasant place and we wished it had been delicious.
If we returned it would be to order the lettuce wraps, though $17 seems a bit steep.

1  Thank diabow_10
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Great meal:
There were 3 of us for dinner so we ordered the "Course for Two or more" @ $25 pp. The food was fresh, flavorful, and abundant. I was impressed with the quick service and the careful, well thought-out presentation of the dinner. At no time did we feel rushed or overwhelmed as each course was was presented. The server was well informed and enthusiastic.
I will definitely add this as a favorite restaurateur when in Nanaimo and will recommend it to my friends.

2  Thank bob C
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Great Korean food with friendly service in a nice cedar restaurant. The food is tasty with an emphasis on fresh vegetables. What's not to love?

1  Thank Lost1965
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I've eaten at Namul several times since it opened and have always been satisfied with the quality and care taken with the food. Although the food is not exactly the same as in Korea, the food in general is a little lighter and not quite as spicy as most Korean food, but still the real deal. The service is always great and the owners are lovely. I am looking forward to my next visit to Korea and will visit Namul before I go as an 'appetizer'...and possibly a big bottle of ice-cold Hite beer...