“Okay, may try it again”
Review of Browns Socialhouse

Browns Socialhouse
Ranked #43 of 331 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Island's favourite new hot spot. Located in North Nanaimo (off the Island Highway in Metral Station) Browns Nanaimo North is the perfect place to socialize with family and friends. Whether you are joining us for a business lunch, an after work cocktail, or watching the game with friends, this is the place to be.
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Thought we would try it as we like to get out and have alternate places to go. The food was ok. The server at the bar was ok. Nothing special but nothing great either. There are other choices in this part of the city but I may try them agsin if I'm in that mall.

AdamDukoff, Owner at Browns Socialhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

I would like to sincerely thank you for your review and your patronage. It sounds like this was your first visit to our Socialhouse and apparently was a mediocre experience and certainly not the type of experience we strive for. My name is Adam Dukoff and I am the Owner/Operator of Browns Socialhouse and I apologize for not giving you a true Browns experience which should be engaging and filled with fresh food and great service.
I hope you give us another chance and i'm sure we can improve and give you the true restaurant experience you deserve.

Please give me a call at the restaurant with any questions or concerns. I could personally take any reservation request you may have.

Regards,

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We have been to this restaurant twice. On the first occasion we had the pork rib appetizer. The ribs were not cooked through. Tonight I ordered the Wonton soup. The wontons were not cooked through, and I found raw chicken in them. Please watch out for undercooked meat!

1  Thank Gingerdog100

I would like to thank you for your patronage on multiple occasions. My name is Adam Dukoff and I am the Owner/Operator of Browns Socialhouse in Nanaimo. I would like to offer my sincere apologies to you for having an experience with undercooked food. This is such a rare occurrence but it has happened twice to you and I completely own this and apologize for this experience.

We take all feedback seriously and this has been reviewed by our Chef and additional safeguards have been put in place.

If I could offer anything else please call me at the restaurant and I would love to help.

Regards,

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I was in Nanaimo for a few hours waiting for a ferry on Thanksgiving Monday and only had a few restaurants to choose from. I walked in to Browns and ask the hostess if there were gluten free options available and she promptly brought out a chef to speak with me. I told the chef I had a $15 price point and he took the rains. I was served a cucumber roll appy and a clubhouse psuedo sandwich main. The guys in the back were happy to take on the challenge and although it wasn't on the menu it definitely should be. The food was awesome, service was very friendly and definitely reasonably priced. Next time I'm hungry in Nanaimo, I know where I'm eating.

1  Thank John T
AdamDukoff, Owner at Browns Socialhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

We at Browns VERY much appreciate your patronage to our Socialhouse and we are are overwhelmed with your great review.
I'm glad you had such a customized experience with the help of our Chef. We will ALWAYS work with guests with allergy concerns. Our company is also in the test phase of a new Gluten Friendly menu that we can offer to guests with those concerns, look for that very soon.
We hope you had a great trip home and thank you for your review.

Sincere Regards,

Owner/Operator

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I love their Thai chicken soup. It is the sort of thing you will crave- so be warned! Paired with a glass of their house white wine and a cowgirl salad, it makes a wonderful lunch or light supper.

The staff are eager to please, and the decor is really nice. We enjoyed sitting on their patio.

AdamDukoff, Owner at Browns Socialhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Wow thank you for such an amazing review! We agree with you of course! Browns has daily drink specials and it's the perfect place to relax and socialize after work.
We genuinely thank you for your patronage and your warm comments. Serving guests and making them happy and satisfied is why we do what we do.

We hope to see you very soon!

All the best,

Owner/Operator

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We ate here for lunch and when we received the menu's we were shocked how everything was very pricey. I thought I was maybe looking at a dinner menu. There was four of us and we all thought the food was good, however over $80 for a lunch is a little expensive. Nanaimo has quite a few restaurants so if you want good food and reasonable prices there are plenty more to choose from.

We thank you for checking out our restaurant and for leaving your review. Our restaurant is one that hopes to serve people frequently and comfortably and value is a large part of this. We do offer fresh(never frozen) food and there is a price that comes with that but we do want to have great value for our every day guests. We have daily specials and a lunch feature sheet which offers different items then our main menu. I'm confident that if you give us another chance we can prove that you can have great taste and great value all wrapped up into one stylish restaurant.

Regards and thank you for your feedback.

Adam