“Nice rest area, but”

Tourism Nanaimo Visitor Centre
Ranked #19 of 74 things to do in Nanaimo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We are the official Visitor Centre for Nanaimo. We would love to help you #ExploreNanaimo. Washrooms, wifi, off-leash dog park and small gift shop. Come let us show you how to #ExploreNanaimo!
Nanaimo
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Nice rest area, but”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I use a mobility scooter and like to take the trails on nice days. When I stopped to inquire about a plug in to charge my scooter I was treated very cold. Claiming that there were hardly enough plugs inside the building to adequately meet there needs and then off they rushed to other duties.
Picnic area and dog exercise area are nice but I felt like I got the 'don't care' attitude.

Visited April 2014

Nanaimo, Canada
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Great little Rest stop, even for locals.”
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

I'm from Nanaimo but have stopped by here a few times to check out brochures, ask questions, and stop for breaks while biking the parkway trail. Staff are quite friendly and helpful, nice place to stop by.

2 Thank Allan W
Tourismnanaimo14, Public Relations Manager at Tourism Nanaimo Visitor Centre, responded to this review, 12 November 2015
Great to hear our locals are using the Visitor Centre and rest stop area! Thanks for letting us know we are doing a good job. We also have free wifi now if that helps (we see this review was from awhile ago now - sorry for the delay in replying!) Grateful you took the time to write. Hope to see you again soon!