“keep us healthy physically and mentally”

WildPlay Element Parks Nanaimo
Book In Advance
More Info
US$32.37*
and up
Nanaimo Classic Adventure Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Aerial adventures & zip lines transform an afternoon in the outdoors into awesome recreation adventures at WildPlay Element Parks. Adults, teens, kids, and groups get back to nature, through primal fun & games that include the adrenaline pumping: Monkido® Aerial Adventure - an exclusive tree-top obstacle course, that teaches the lost art of monkeying-around. Guests conquer climbing nets, fly across zip lines, balance on wobbly bridges, take a Tarzan swing and dozens more games, 2-18m above ground. Bungy Jump - a famous 46m ankle-harnessed leap from a trestle bridge high above the Nanaimo River. Bragging rights included. Over 250,000 guests, and counting!. Primal Swing - a giant pendulum ride that arcs 39m from the trestle bridge through the Nanaimo River canyon! With intense 140kph speeds, and amazing scenery, it's a breath-taking nature experience. DragonFLY Zip Lines - two smooth, swift, and scenic flights that cross the Nanaimo River canyon. A guided adventure for those who just want to hang out and enjoy the ride. | Challenge your abilities, discover your inner monkey, spend time with friends, and evolve beyond your [self-perceived] limits in Nanaimo's most unique outdoor play space!
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“keep us healthy physically and mentally”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I have been impress when visiting this place. It is for the person who wants to be challenge or just exercise in the wild a little bit. it is for children, teen, young adult, older adult and if healthy a elder could very well participated in this exciting environment. It is I think a place that should be known internationally because of what it is offering. There is plenty of things to do in this beautiful natural wild setting. There are beautiful trees, animals in their home( squirrel, birds, rabbits) while you are exercising. It is unique and I can even say that you want to travel in Nanaimo for this main reason.

Visited July 2013
WildPlayElementParks, Owner at WildPlay Element Parks Nanaimo, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Wow, Anne, your kind words are heartwarming to us. Thank you for sharing your review of WildPlay Nanaimo and for sharing our passion for active, self-affirming nature experiences ...with all that healthy fun and challenge to boot.

^Heather, WildPlay Headquarters

Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Play and Play more”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Well-done attraction, relaxed but fun and challenging. Great and helpful staff. Recommended for weekends as you might be a little sore after the tree walk.

Visited December 2012
Nanaimo, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"High-flying fun"”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The most fun I have ever had! Staff is great, funny and accommodating! I did the monkido twice now, and loved every second of it, although I have yet to get to the end. The staff were always helpful for any questions, and great at talking you through the tough parts. 10 out of 10 attraction for the island area!

Stuttgart, Germany
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Beautiful scenery / canyon and fantastic bungy jump”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

A highlight of our stay in Canada was Bungy Jump along the Nanaimo River close to an adjacent railway bridge, not far from the Trans-Canada Highway (Highway No. 1). 20 minutes south of Nanaimo. Opening times from 11 am to 5 pm. 46 m Bungy Jump and the 140 km/h Primal Swing.
We had not long to wait (20 minutes). My daughter had the pleasure and did not hesitate to jump. She had previously tried many challenges before with other adventure activities, but that had to be unconditional and bungy jumping was great. I even lost some fear and felt the desire to leap down there one day. Good thing I was able to witness the jump so close. I reduced a little of my anxiety with the height.

I paid for the bungy jump 104,99 CAD = 74,79 Euro. It was worth it. We will come back again.

1 Thank Between Two Wor... M
Parksville, Canada
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Not for the faint of heart or fear of hight”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

There are a number of adventures to do at WildPlay. My friend and I choose to do the MonKido adventure which includes walking on various platforms between trees, zip lining, etc. At the beginning you are given a safety overview and throughout the course there are guides watching participants to ensure they are properly behaving and that there are not safety issues.

You start out at about a meter or so above ground and then graduate over various courses to where you are about 10 meters above ground. The platforms consist of swing planks (relative easy) to swinging logs, and stirrups (much more difficult particularly when you are up 10 meters above the ground). Both my friend (56) and I (62) are in good shape and have good leg and upper body strength which is needed to complete the full course which took 2 hours. Many individuals in the group could not finish the full course. I have to admit I was quite tired at the finish.

There are other courses for younger families that are less severe so everyone can participate.

There is also bunging jumping although quite expensive at around $100 for one jump.

Having traveled to this region for sometime it was one attraction that my family missed, I will certainly do it again with my children and their friends (all in their 20's). It would have been great if we had someone on the ground taking pictures.