“Really good”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Zougla Restaurant

Zougla Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 321 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New York
“Really good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great authentic Greek food in a lovely atmosphere with friendly service. I recently dined at Zouglas during my trip to Vancouver Island and was impressed with the food and service. There were three of us and we ordered the saganaki (fried cheese similar to haloumi) and pita with hummus for starters. The saganaki was very tasty and was served with lots of pita bread on the side. The hummus was a little garlicky but fine. I ordered the moussaka as my entree and it was excellent. My friends had the lamb souvlaki (a little dry) and the Chicken Zougla (outstanding). All came with a generous portion of Greek salad on the side. All in all a great meal. Our server was extremely pleasant and attentive. Would definitely eat at Zouglas again next time I'm in Nanaimo.

Visited May 2014

North Nanaimo
“Saganaki! Yes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

We've always enjoyed this restaurant for quiet, relaxing evenings with really good food.

Several times we suggested adding Saganaki to the menu. Now they finally have - apparently many people made the same request.

Awesome! I think we'll be going to Zougla more frequently :)

• Visited April 2014
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Consistently excellent every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

We live here in Nanaimo and have eaten at Zouglas for years, thus this review is very long overdue. For us this is the best restaurant in Nanaimo for a special dinner. The atmosphere is very nice, the service is always top notch and the food is consistently very good. The owner, Chris, is almost always there overseeing everything which is probably why everything runs so smoothly. If we want a romantic dinner or are taking friends from out of town somewhere special this is our go to restaurant. I almost always have Greek ribs which although aren't on the menu any more, are still available. My husband usually has fresh seafood of some sort. The calamari is excellent and their desserts are sublime.

Visited March 2014
Nanaimo, Canada
“Very Satisfied”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband and I went to Zougla's for my birthday,and i must say i was impressed.I ate there once before and vowed i would never go back again.But i decided to give it another try.We both had chicken and it was very good.The server was very polite.We both enjoyed it very much.And it wasn't over priced either.We definitely will be going back again in the future!!

• Visited March 2014
Nanaimo, Canada
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We went to Zougla with our family, which included two kids (9 and 11). The food was excellent and didn't take very long, although it wasn't super busy. The service was solid and I really enjoyed the ambiance. In the summer you could look out and see Departure Bay. The food is perhaps a wee bit overpriced and that would be the only negative.