“A destination pub!”
Review of Crow & Gate Pub

Crow & Gate Pub
Ranked #7 of 333 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: English-style Pub and garden located in the countryside. Licensed for patrons 19 and up. Sorry, no minors.
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

The gardens are amazing! We went for happy hour on a sunny afternoon, with no expectations other than it was a recommended pub. What a treat to have a pint of Hoyne's Dark Matter amongst the flowers and chickadees. Make time for a visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,002)

Reviewed 13 September 2017

The setting was Idyllic, the day beautiful , the crowd jovial and the oysters outstanding ! I had not been to the Crow and Gate for years and visited with an old friend and her daughter whom also I had not seen in years. We could not have picked a more beautiful day at the end of August and the place was bursting at the seams. The food was excellent and the plates very large but we consumed it all with pleasure along with a nice cool Cider. I think it has even improved over the past years which it something to say.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Judging by the yummy looks, this should be great! Well it is official, we are members of the clean plate club!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

It is busy here for a very good reason....the food is great. I'm sure I have tried almost everything on the menu...its all good but the beef dip and the fried oysters are my fav.
See you there.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Although we have heard amazing things about the crow and gate we were unable to enjoy the old English pub because they do not allow children. Whilst travelling up island to stay in Parksville for a night for my Wife's birthday with our two children we thought we would stop for lunch. We were shocked to find out that they do not allow anyone under the age of 19 into the pub. Do we not live in modern times were bylaws have changed to allow children into pubs? As an Englishman I was disgusted by this ridiculous rule. I was back in England only a few months ago with my 7 year old daughter and we were able to enter every single pub and establishment serving food and alcohol with our entire family. Update your rules Crow and Gate!!!