“Fiesta Mejor!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 320 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Price range: US$0 - US$11
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nanaimo, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fiesta Mejor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have been going back for over ten years. Fantastic food and atmosphere. Very fun with friends or family. This is also my kids favorite in Nanaimo. Margaritas are dangerously delicious!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank automateck

Yellowknife
“Microwaves”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Been here several times and always had good food but unfortunately will now have to go elsewhere. The service was good and nachos are always excellent but the entrees were definitely microwaved which is a major problem. If I wanted microwaved rice and beans I could have stayed home and there is no way it could be denied. Shame on the cooks that's just laziness.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Travellots30
Qualicum Beach, Canada
“Worst Mexican ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

First off my food arrived in less than 5 min...big no no....this tells me it has been sitting and was already prepared...second no no I took 1 bite and burnt they roof of my mouth! They microwaved it !! I got up and left...horrible will never return!!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Moreles
Duncan, Canada
“1 star is over rating this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

We had a reservation for 17, for a graduation party. When making the reservation we were told that we could all sit together, which didn't happen. Next we tried to bring in a cake for the celebration which we were promptly told no outside food , so the cake stayed in the car. We all had appy's,dinner and drinks and spent a lot of money. After dinner the waitress had the nerve to ask us if we wanted dessert. What would you think? We all would have had coffee or tea with our cake if we could have had it, but they lost on that sale. I would not of stayed if it was not my sons graduation from VIU. I will never go back to Gina's again. Gina's should add a cover charge for bringing your own cake for a special occasion if they are that cheap to not allow outside food, or let you know when making a reservation that you can't bring anything in with you.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Mary H
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Good Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We have been here several times over the years. When you are seated there is always salsa and chips which are a great bonus and salsa is the best! We always have the Navaho and margaritas. The last time we noticed the food was not as good as in past and hope that was just a off day...we will go back and hope for consistently good Mexican we have had in past. Service can be good or bad depending on waitress.

Visited August 2013