“Vegetarian platter is fabulous!”
Review of Aladdins

Aladdins
Ranked #46 of 323 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2013

The vegetarian platter at Aladdins in Nanaimo is fabulous. If you like your food tasty not bland, with exotic spices & flavours, then try this. You don't have to be a vegetarian to love it, that's for sure.
Some people complain about the atmosphere. I like it there. It's totally unpretentious. Great food, great service, & great Middle Eastern music usually too. Such a nice change! I have never had a bad meal there. The lentil soup is also very very good. All of (including the wine) is very reasonably priced.

2  Thank Elisabeth S
There are newer reviews for Aladdins

Reviewed 29 June 2013

I have been here twice now, and the first time was excellent. I had calamari as an appy and the lamb wrap, which were both delicious. I loved how the calamari was grilled, and our server was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. However, the second time I went, our server was very rude. It was busy, and she was the only server working, but that is no excuse to be rude to customers. Next time I go, I am going to make sure that this particular server is not working, or I will just leave. Excellent lamb wraps and calamari though, and good prices!

Reviewed 12 June 2013

When walking by you will probably choose to keep walking ...but stop! Do NOT pass it by.

I stopped in for a evening meal with about 7 other guys. Men's night out after some billiards. I have never had a bad meal there, and the portions are over the top. You will not leave hungry. The owner is the chef and he is a mater at good food, cooked the traditional way. Lebanese and they know how to cook lamb. WOW, it was so good (and I am not a fan of lamb) but I am brave. It was unbelievable.

We were in Hawaii in a Hoity-Toity restaurant and ordered lamb ($60), it could not touch the lamb we had at the Aladdin's Restaurant where it was about $20 per person.

I took my 16 year old daughter for a meal out, we stopped at Aladdins and she said I am not eating there ...I said don't, and she could just watch. Then she saw and then tasted the food and she was hooked, now it is her favourite place.

So if you are brave, if you are hungry and if you want some amazing food ...you must eat at Aladdins. There are lots of choices: Lamb, chicken and the list goes on.

Good food, some good beer/wine and some unassuming decor. Just sit back and enjoy!

2  Thank ElGuapo_9
Reviewed 5 June 2013

This restaurant really is magic. I lived in Greece for 4 years, and this is by far the closest I've found to authentic Greek food in Canada. Portions are huge, meat is always so perfectly seasoned and cooked, spicy carrots are divine, and the tzatziki is the real deal! Love love love it!

1  Thank S_Emerald
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Décor leaves something to be desired but the place is infused with love, and it shows in the food. Innovative takes on middle eastern (Greek / Lebanese) standards. Quirky table settings and lighting create an authentic feel. Highly recommend the lamb shank.