“great food, terrible service.”
Review of Danforth Deli and Grill - CLOSED

Danforth Deli and Grill
Price range: US$2 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Best Grilled Cheese in Nanaimo ~ Specialty Burgers
nanaimo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food, terrible service.”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I was in the Danforth Deli a few weeks ago, and I have been meaning to write a review. I must get my point across, that my meal was absolutely delicious. I had the buffalo chicken grilled cheese, and some of the potato cheese soup. My meal had that comforting, homemade taste. And even though my food was so wonderful, I must say I will never be back again. There was a middle aged man who had served me, I think he was the owner. He was so cold and unwlecoming. He seemed to be having some kind of dispute with an employee, and I sensed frustration. The way he let me hear his conversation, and treated me like I was an inconvenience , was so unappealing. We all have personal issues going on, but I urge you to brush up on your customer service skills. I was disguisted, and I will make sure to let everyone I know, not to come here-- unless they want take out! I am a life long local resident of nanaimo, and I am so appaulled.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Maria B
Danforth D, Owner at Danforth Deli and Grill, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Hi there, thanks for coming in and enjoying our buffalo chicken grilled cheese! The owner was away in August which may have contributed to your experience. If you call the restaurant he would be happy to discuss the particulars of your visit and make it right. Thanks for your feedback and business!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Best burger”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Best burger whilst out in canada this year. I had the venom - very clever, Guinness basted cheese on top of a perfectly cooked burger - good meat , then a squirt of mustard at the base.
Really nice service and though the presentation of the shop's a bit Formica and scruffy, the food really isn't - do not pass up this place for something shinier further up the street.
Oh and the best mushroom soup I have had in a long while.

• Visited August 2013
Hi there ~ thanks for coming into the Deli and enjoying our food! we appreciate your feedback.
Qualicum Beach, Canada
“Welcoming feeling with good food”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Wow, an owner that greets you as you enter! And the food is really good too. Everything has that “homemade” taste. Try the pastries: cinnamon bun, pies, tarts, and cookies. They’re my favorite. Located in a heritage building in a quaint part of the city that has a good vibe, is clean and safe to walk and park. It’s also close to the Nanaimo Harbourfront Walkway so if you’re at the waterfront, take a short walk to Commercial St. and browse the shops on the way to the Grill.

• Visited July 2013
HI there, we really appreciate your business and thank you for your feedback!
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We were staying in Nanaimo 4 days and to be honest I wish we'd found this place earlier. Great atmosphere for lunch. Fresh ingredients used and they make up your sandwich there on the spot. I had a delicious Caesar wrap. It's obviously a favourite with the locals too.

• Visited July 2013
Hi there ~ thanks for popping by and enjoying our food! we appreciate your feedback.
Nanaimo
“Unbelievable hamburgers!”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Went there for the first time last week. Their choice of hamburgers is endless. It isn't cheap but the food quality and freshness is apparent. Everything is made from scratch using local ingredients. I also had a cup of clam chowder and a seafood wrap that were yummy. Definitely we will be back.

1 Thank sunnie48
Hey there - thanks for coming in and enjoying our burgers! We appreciate your feedback.