“Anniversary night”
Review of Inn at the Quay

Inn at the Quay
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in New Westminster
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We return to the Quay every year for our anniversary. This year we booked one of the romance packages and completely enjoyed ourselves. We splurged for the king suite, end room out over the water. It was truly like being onboard a cruise ship, hearing the boats at night and seagulls in the morning.

The package included chilled wine and some "fun" couples items. It was a good value for our money.

The room was lovely and included amenities like their plush bathrobes (went well with the Jacuzzi tub!) and a private balcony, coffee maker and hair dryer. It was a relaxing visit and we enjoyed the pub next door with the river view, watching the paddlewheeler and tugboats hauling logs.

The weather co-operated and we wandered along the esplanade/boardwalk enjoying the view. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kathy M, General Manager at Inn at the Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear 2Nikkels,

congratulations on celebrating your recent anniversary and thank you for choosing the Inn at the Quay again this year. Happy to hear you enjoyed your "25" room and the little extras of the package. Look forward to your return visit in 2014!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We spent 2 nights while moving our kids to the city so didn't spend a lot of time in our rooms. But when we were there it was very comfortable, especially the beds and pillows. Nice shower. We had a spectacular view of the river and enjoyed an early morning walk along the Quay. Other reviews mentioned noise from the trains - we didn't notice them at all. Our package pricing came with the promise of cookies delivered to our room- we were delighted to find a gift bag containing muffins, cookies and other baked goodies. After a day of heavy lifting it was a real treat. If I was being picky I would say that the elevators needed to be vacuumed. The front desk clerks were courteous and friendly upon check in and out. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of Floor 4 were quiet as there was no one above.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear happytravellers50,

Thank you for posting your response and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our area. Best wishes for a safe and happy holiday season.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We had pre-ordered drinks to be put in our room upon arrival which were not put there and if we had not asked for them, they would have charged us regardlessy. They lied about their occupancy, trying to charge us more. After I told the front desk clerk I also worked in a hotel did he cut the lies. The service in the restaurant was discouraging and truthfully after dealing with our waitress I would never eat there again. Not only was she rude but forgot many parts of our meal. She wouldn't accept the fact that she forgot them and was ignorant enough to blame us for her forgetfulness.

I would not recommend this hotel to any friends or family.

Room Tip: If you aren't going to be at the hotel for service, it was fine. Customer service was unfortunat...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Kathy M, General Manager at Inn at the Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Dani B,

You being a young hotel professional, I'm sorry to see that you chose to post a nasty response on Trip Advisor. Should you wish to discuss further, please call me on my direct line 1-604-523-3502. I have discussed your incident with our team and would like to have the opportunity to resolve your concerns.

Thank you.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I recently attended my 45th nursing school reunion held at the Quay. The rooms were spacious and overlooked the Fraser River. Staff was very helpful. we had a buffet banquet and the food was awesome. Great appetizers wonderful salads, and oooh those desserts. Thank you for making my week end memorable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank fraeya b

Thank you for choosing the Inn at the Quay for your 45th nursing reunion and your kind comments. I understand you all had a great time and we look forward to seeing you again at your 50th celebration!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

The Hotel, in areas, looks like it has been trashed. Carpets were filthy and stained in the rooms. Doors and cabinetry were marred and dinged up. However, the towels and bed sheets were clean and newish, and the rooms have a nice river view.

Room Tip: Save some money and stay somewhere else. These rooms should be half what they are charging.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Fred S
Kathy M, General Manager at Inn at the Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Fred S,

thank you for choosing the Inn at the Quay for your recent travel to New Westminster. I'd appreciate a call to discuss your concerns, our toll free number is 1-800-663-2001.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Firstly let me put things in perspective; I have read mixed revues regarding the Inn at the Quay. Yes it is near a rail track and yes they 'peep peep' their whistle's at various times of the day or night. Yes it is near a pub and it is on the edge of the Fraser River. If you're concerned check before you book, I do and I travel very regularly - Google Maps is a marvellous tool, check it out. Next don't wait until you leave the hotel to groan about problems approach the staff in a friendly and courteous way, they deserver it, they didn't place the hotel there and you had a choice.

I stayed for 7 nights in the hotel after a long flight from the UK via Frankfurt and then straight to a White Caps soccer game - I was tired. There was a wedding on at the hotel but that didn't bother me in the least, people get married. I went to my room but couldn't sleep soundly because I was next to the elevator power room and the Air Conditioning power room. I phoned reception and they said they would sort it the next morning. I phoned the next morning and then went personally to visit the reception as I saw this as good manners, I explained in a calm and respectful manner - the Hotel Staff could not have been better; good manners and respect elicit the same. My room was changed that morning and the service was first-class. RICK and IRMA should be congratulated on their guests handling skills, they were polite, jolly, efficient and extremely positive throughout my entire stay. The hotel is well positioned for the Sky Train and a great walk along the Fraser River Board Walk.
Folks check before you buy or book we all have a choice, when you make yours don't blame others for the outcome if you don't like it or are not prepared to check or negotiate respectfully and with good manner. Thank you Rick and Irma for your positive attitude.

Room Tip: Check, check, check, ask the staff and be respectful!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dirojo
Kathy M, General Manager at Inn at the Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear dirojo,

The Hotel Associates around the world applaud you!! Many thanks for your comments and kind mention of both RICK and IRMA.

Enjoy your travels and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn at the Quay soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stopped for two nights with jetlag, so the view of the river was great at 5am!
We had a bag of lovely pastries as we left in the morning and staff were helpful.
Bit of a challenge getting across the railway on our return but great to get straight on publc transport into Vancouver city (skytrain).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear snowwhite240,

Thank you for choosing the Inn at the Quay and for posting your comments. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Westminster
#3 of 3 in New Westminster
Best Western Plus Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre
Hilton Vancouver Metrotown
Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Inn at the Quay? Share your experiences!