“Almost excellent...”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Westminster
Campbell River, Canada
“Almost excellent...”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

...but if you are a light sleeper, the local railyard may pose a problem. I find I sleep through any activity anyway, the beds are just that comfortable. Most rooms are well arranged, but some have some large open spaces that seem out of place. Mostly redone not long ago, but some of the bathrooms could use a few upgrades. The Boathouse restaurant (attached) is very good as well, so room service is tough to beat! And if you like bathrobes... buy one of these!

Room Tip: Ask for the large jetted tub, it can be worth it!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Kathy M, General Manager at Inn at the Quay, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Bob C,

Thank you for your review and we look forward to your return visit.

Kathy MacKerricher

ps - we always have complimentary ear plugs available should you wish to have a pair, just in case . . .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Yukon, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I love this property. It has been one of my favorite properties in North America for over 10 years. It has great views from every room of the river. There is always something to see. Enjoying a bottle of wine overlooking the working tugs, log booms, auto carrier ships, barges provides unending entertainment from your own private balcony.
Fantastic restaurant with a courteous staff. Chic decor. The only drawback is the trains that frequent the tracks behind the hotel at night.... Highly recommended!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear MuskokieinOkie,

Thank you for your many years of loyalty and business! Please stop by and say hello, would love to know who uses this "pen name".

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed at Inn at the Quay recently and was very happy with the experience. Room was clean, comfortable and modern, staff were friendly and more than helpful with any queries we had in regards to directions and local attractions. We also ate breakfast at the hotels restaurant and were impressed with the size and quality- very delicious and affordable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Shannan1967,

Thank you for choosing the Inn at the Quay for your recent travels to our area. Very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Enjoy the summer and the gorgeous weather!

North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Nice views of the river from our king quay view room. A bit of noise from passing trains or boats but we did had the patio door open. Updated rooms, comfortable bed, spacious. Starbucks coffee in the room was a nice plus for the morning.

Would recommend and would not hesitate to stay again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kathy M, General Manager at Inn at the Quay, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear adamlp08,

Thank you for posting your review! We look forward to your next visit with the Inn at the Quay.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I did not have a problem with the actual room as it was clean and comfortable it was the staff that made this a very negative experience.
My husband and I got married in Sept 2013 in New Westminster and chose to stay at the Inn at the Quay. We are from the Tri-Cities and have had heard mixed reviews about the hotel but as New West is a small city our choices were very limited. We brought them six rooms of business and they could not be bothered to try and do anything extra for us on our wedding night. Upon check in I informed them that we were getting married and asked if they did anything special to mark the occasion. The highly uninterested front desk clerk told us that only if you get married at the hotel do they do anything. This was highly disappointing as a ten dollar bottle of Champagne would have made us pretty happy. In the days leading up to the wedding we had put in numerous calls to the sales manager in an effort to see about booking a block of rooms. Our calls went unanswered and this is when we should have known to take out business elsewhere. In dealing with the staff at the front desk they were always short and seemed to be stressed out. My impression was that customer service is not the first priority and that everyone seemed to be watching the clock. Due to miscommunication on there side we were charged for an extra four rooms a week afterwards totaling up to over six hundred dollars. When I called to discuss my concerns I spoke with Michelle and made it very clear how upset I was with the entire situation. She did say that she would return our money but made no effort to try and resolve my negative feelings about our stay. I believe that this hotel is all about the money and that they don't try at all to hide that fact. I feel that they took advantage of the fact that we were getting married and had a lot on our plate and tried to sneak the four extra payments through.

The Nitty Gritty;
The rooms are nice, you can tell that they are old but have been updated. The beds are comfortable and depending on your room the view is either of the river or the roof and skytrain. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kmac16
Dear Kmac16,

Congratulations on your September 2013 marriage! It is unfortunate that 8 months has passed and you are just now putting a posting on Trip Advisor. I'd be happy to discuss further, my direct line is 604-523-3502.

Thank you.

Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Just a two day stay, but as usual, the Inn was a comfortable and convenient place to lay my head. I especially enjoy the little "treats" (chocolate bunnies this close to Easter). The location is excellent - nice walks on the boardwalk along the river, convenient restaurants for varied tastes, easy access to the Skytrain and to the rest of Vancouver.
The room was clean and comfortable, lovely beds and ... the view of the river is great. I could sit and watch the river traffic all day. And the robes are great - so soft and comfortable.
My only disappointment was to find the hot tub closed for reno's. Did I look silly in my bathing suit with nowhere to go.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Kathy M, General Manager at Inn at the Quay, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear cwill4573,

Thank you for your posting and kind comments! I do apologize for the hot tub being closed during your visit, the good news is that it is back in operation. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Penticton, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I travel A LOT and while I don't consider myself "picky" I note the properties that really deliver an oasis for me while I'm away from home. The Inn at the Quay is just such a place. It's ideally located next to a market, the sky train station, and some pretty good restaurants. It's very clean, modern, quiet and very comfortable. There's plenty of little touches to make my stay even better; the greeting on the bed from the staff with a treat, the notes from housekeeping and the amazing bath and comfort products. The Inn is the "whole package" at an affordable price.

Room Tip: The Inn has a "quiet" side and a more "lively side". One faces over the water a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Sheri 126,

THANK YOU! Looking forward to your return visit and hoping you can bring your sister with you and we can wow her too.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Westminster
The Met Hotel
#2 of 2 in New Westminster
Maywood
Element Vancouver Metrotown
Best Western Chelsea Inn
#3 of 4 in Coquitlam

Been to Inn at the Quay? Share your experiences!