“Great staff”
Review of Inn at the Quay

Inn at the Quay
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in New Westminster
Reviewed 19 May 2014

When my reservation was somehow not made (probably the booking agencies error) at the hotel the staff went overboard to make sure I had a room.
The room was perfect, the view spectacular, and the price reasonable.
The hotel is in a great spot and everything is close at hand,,,boardwalk along the Fraser River, a great breakfast restaurant (Angelina's), a great pub, and close to downtown.
The staff was great as well....very helpful when I needed some items for the wedding.

Room Tip: No bad rooms, but the ones facing west don't look over the Pub
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Kathy M, General Manager at Inn at the Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Peter F,

Thank you for your many kind comments which I will be sure to share with our associates, also Erik the owner/operator of Angelina's.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My colleague and I stayed at this hotel when we visited the area May 2014 for a conference. It's perched on the edge of the Fraser River and Westminster Quay and was a lovely change of pace from the usual city location. The lobby is airy and bright, although the navy blue and bright pink colour scheme could use an update in my opinion, and there was an overpowering smell of rose air freshener most unpleasant to me. The staff was efficient, and cheerfully accommodated our request for balcony rooms close to each other, on the same floor.

Our rooms were on the 7th floor, facing east with a view of the river and the mountains beyond and overlooking the boardwalk, and the Paddlewheeler Pub. We very much enjoyed walks along the boardwalk and drinks/dinners at the pub during our stay. The skytrain station is just across the street , convenient for making a trip into downtown Vancouver, or to Metrotown Mall for shopping. Right across the street there's a drugstore, grocery, restaurants and liquor/beer & wine stores.

The room was well-stocked with reasonably priced snacks, as well as beer/water and red wine. The bed was very comfortable, although I found the duvet too warm, and had to ask for cooler a blanket to replace it with; there wasn't one in the room. I enjoyed the use of the luxurious provided bathrobe.

I ordered the classic breakfast from room service one morning during our stay; it was very nicely presented, and reasonably priced, however, the scrambled eggs weren't great and probably came from a carton or were reconstituted (as there was no choice - I thought they would be fried)....

All in all, my colleague and I both enjoyed our stay, and found the Inn at the Quay very comfortable, but the main attraction for us was the lovely, convenient location.

Room Tip: The east side overlooks the river/mountains, but the pub right beside the inn can be quite loud if y...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear islandgurl2,

Thank you for choosing the Inn at the Quay for your recent travels to New Westminster and for your detailed positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I've never stayed in this part of the lower mainland before, but was here this week for 4 nights. I love this part of the world. I was so happy to be able to get outside after work and walk on the boardwalk. The convenience of having the River Market next door is unbeatable. You can get all kinds of things at Donald's Market and so many choices for eating out. I ate out at The Boathouse twice - the restaurant in the hotel - and both meals were good. I ate next door at Angelina's Restaurant, for breakfast, all morning. Very good and affordable. Worth going to.

The room is nice and bright, as it has a patio door to the small deck. Despite being right next door to the pub at the River Market, I was surprised at how quiet my room was once I shut the door, closed the curtains and turned on the air conditioner. I only woke up once to the train. Not an issue at all.

The amenities in the room are perfect. The soaps and shampoo/conditioner are good quality. Having real glasses to drink from are very nice too. I didn't use the coffee maker but it seems to be well stocked. Even the "mini bar" items are well priced. Again, didn't use them but I would have if I hadn't bought my own goodies. They are definitely more affordable than most.

Despite the beds being only doubles, I slept well. I tend to like a queen of king. The bed, pillows and bedding are very comfortable.

Overall I was quite impressed with this hotel. I'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: If you want something a little quieter, then I'd ask for a room on the west side. Again though...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Willie1964,

You said it all - thank you! We look forward to your next visit at the Inn at the Quay.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The recently remodeled Inn at the Quay with a South Beach design appeal offer impeccable service and the highest level of cleanliness I have seen in many a hotel chain. Adjacent to the River Market a quayside shopping and food location, and being directly on the Fraser River which is interesting from a working river standpoint: Tugboats plying the waters and small fishing craft jockeying for position. There is a 4 star restaurant on the main level which not surprisingly specializes in fish of the day and excellent service.
New Westminster itself along Columbia Street is undergoing quite a renaissance in building and beautification. A newly completed foreshore park has received numerous design awards and is well worth the time to visit. Inn at the Quay has it all: location and service.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view - at the Prow of the hotel right over the Fraser.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Kathy M, General Manager at Inn at the Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Richard C,

thank you for posting your review and for choosing the Inn at the Quay. More goods news - all new case goods to arrive later this year. We look forward to your next visit.

Enjoy the sunshine and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

...but if you are a light sleeper, the local railyard may pose a problem. I find I sleep through any activity anyway, the beds are just that comfortable. Most rooms are well arranged, but some have some large open spaces that seem out of place. Mostly redone not long ago, but some of the bathrooms could use a few upgrades. The Boathouse restaurant (attached) is very good as well, so room service is tough to beat! And if you like bathrobes... buy one of these!

Room Tip: Ask for the large jetted tub, it can be worth it!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Bob C,

Thank you for your review and we look forward to your return visit.

Kathy MacKerricher

ps - we always have complimentary ear plugs available should you wish to have a pair, just in case . . .

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I love this property. It has been one of my favorite properties in North America for over 10 years. It has great views from every room of the river. There is always something to see. Enjoying a bottle of wine overlooking the working tugs, log booms, auto carrier ships, barges provides unending entertainment from your own private balcony.
Fantastic restaurant with a courteous staff. Chic decor. The only drawback is the trains that frequent the tracks behind the hotel at night.... Highly recommended!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear MuskokieinOkie,

Thank you for your many years of loyalty and business! Please stop by and say hello, would love to know who uses this "pen name".

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed at Inn at the Quay recently and was very happy with the experience. Room was clean, comfortable and modern, staff were friendly and more than helpful with any queries we had in regards to directions and local attractions. We also ate breakfast at the hotels restaurant and were impressed with the size and quality- very delicious and affordable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Shannan1967,

Thank you for choosing the Inn at the Quay for your recent travels to our area. Very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Enjoy the summer and the gorgeous weather!

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Westminster
Hilton Vancouver Metrotown
Best Western Chelsea Inn
Best Western Chelsea Inn
#3 of 4 in Coquitlam

Been to Inn at the Quay? Share your experiences!