“Home away from Home”
Review of Inn at the Quay

Inn at the Quay
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in New Westminster
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The staff are exceptional....BoatHouse food is awesome....We go here 2 or 3 time s a year as an in town holiday...a little R&R. All the time I have stayed here I have never had a problem. The staff are out of this world. I have another stay in the middle of July so that I have take in the huge Show & Shine on Columbia Street. Great event.

Cant wait till July for my next mini vacations. Thansk to everyone at the hotel. Job VERY WELL done.

Room Tip: I have stayed on both the East adn West side...East gets sunrise adn West gets sunset so pick your c...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kathy M, General Manager at Inn at the Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you Dwayne A! We look forward to your July arrival.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for 5 nights on a business / leisure trip. The room was clean and spacious with a balcony facing the setting sun. A couple of minutes walk to the sky train station. The attached restaurant has a good menu and friendly waiting staff.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Kathy M, General Manager at Inn at the Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Carl V,

thank you for choosing the Inn at the Quay for your recent business travel and for your kind posting. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here in a Premier Queen Room which was very comfortable and spotlessly clean with an updated and modern Decor. Had stayed here several years ago a few times and found it to be very satisfactory. Our recent visit was extremely positive. Friendly, helpful check-in, room was a really pleasant surprise and on such a beautiful evening, nice to have the door wide open for the view and sounds of the river. Breakfast was very good and service was excellent. Will definitely stay here again. A really nice experience at a pretty reasonable rate.

Room Tip: They are all located over the river but asking for a Premier Room might give you a nicer decor quali...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear bagwan,

Thank you and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We go to the Inn 2 or 3 times a year for a brief getaway and are never disappointed. The rooms are very attractive and spacious. The little balcony affords a delightful view down river and the marine traffic entertains continually. The staff, especially Michelle the asst manager,go out of their way to ensure you are satisfied.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan P

Dear Alan P,

Thank you for your kind comments and posting on Trip Advisor. We look forward to your next getaway!

Kathy MacKerricher

ps - I'm sure you know to check out our website for every changing specials and packages.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I've stayed here for many years, at this specific time. Let be clear that the staff are for the most part great. But the main drawback is the location right beside the very active train yard. If you like 4:00 am train horns then you will love this hotel. With that drawback I expect everything else to be perfect. One elevator was "temporarily" out of service during the entire stay. Ice machine on 3rd floor was "temporarily" out of service during my stay. I'm sorry, for this price and this location you don't get any grace for poor maintenance during my stay. The restaurant is okay, but the service was lacking during my stay, during breakfast

Room Tip: I hope that you like train whistles!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ross H,

Thank you for choosing the Inn at the quay once again. I'm sorry you encountered some challenges this past stay. Please if you would contact me directly 604-523-3502, I would be happy to discuss further.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

When my reservation was somehow not made (probably the booking agencies error) at the hotel the staff went overboard to make sure I had a room.
The room was perfect, the view spectacular, and the price reasonable.
The hotel is in a great spot and everything is close at hand,,,boardwalk along the Fraser River, a great breakfast restaurant (Angelina's), a great pub, and close to downtown.
The staff was great as well....very helpful when I needed some items for the wedding.

Room Tip: No bad rooms, but the ones facing west don't look over the Pub
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Peter F,

Thank you for your many kind comments which I will be sure to share with our associates, also Erik the owner/operator of Angelina's.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My colleague and I stayed at this hotel when we visited the area May 2014 for a conference. It's perched on the edge of the Fraser River and Westminster Quay and was a lovely change of pace from the usual city location. The lobby is airy and bright, although the navy blue and bright pink colour scheme could use an update in my opinion, and there was an overpowering smell of rose air freshener most unpleasant to me. The staff was efficient, and cheerfully accommodated our request for balcony rooms close to each other, on the same floor.

Our rooms were on the 7th floor, facing east with a view of the river and the mountains beyond and overlooking the boardwalk, and the Paddlewheeler Pub. We very much enjoyed walks along the boardwalk and drinks/dinners at the pub during our stay. The skytrain station is just across the street , convenient for making a trip into downtown Vancouver, or to Metrotown Mall for shopping. Right across the street there's a drugstore, grocery, restaurants and liquor/beer & wine stores.

The room was well-stocked with reasonably priced snacks, as well as beer/water and red wine. The bed was very comfortable, although I found the duvet too warm, and had to ask for cooler a blanket to replace it with; there wasn't one in the room. I enjoyed the use of the luxurious provided bathrobe.

I ordered the classic breakfast from room service one morning during our stay; it was very nicely presented, and reasonably priced, however, the scrambled eggs weren't great and probably came from a carton or were reconstituted (as there was no choice - I thought they would be fried)....

All in all, my colleague and I both enjoyed our stay, and found the Inn at the Quay very comfortable, but the main attraction for us was the lovely, convenient location.

Room Tip: The east side overlooks the river/mountains, but the pub right beside the inn can be quite loud if y...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear islandgurl2,

Thank you for choosing the Inn at the Quay for your recent travels to New Westminster and for your detailed positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Westminster
The Met Hotel
#2 of 3 in New Westminster
Maywood
Element Vancouver Metrotown
Guildford
Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel

Been to Inn at the Quay? Share your experiences!