“Wonderful hosts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Westminster
Lavender House Bed and Breakfast
Victoria, Canada
“Wonderful hosts”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This B&B is comfortable, with excellent breakfasts (Johanna even was able to accommodate my no wheat/no dairy issues.) and most appreciated of all, a very knowledgeable, friendly host. The upstairs bedroom has a very large bed, lovely sitting room with an additional room for other family members if needed. It is a lovely older home with a few renovations planned, but everything is clean and nicely decorated. Lavender House is in a convenient location to shopping, restaurants, parks in New Westminster. We were visiting on business and our special requirements were nicely met. Thank you Johanna and Derek for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: We liked the upstairs bedroom for its privacy, but visited our friends downstairs in the evening and...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My husband and I went to New Westminster at Spring break to visit with family. We stayed and this lovely heritage home, which despite ongoing renovations is very clean and comfortable. We were free to come and go as we wanted. There is a lovely park and a convenient grocery store for snacks just a block away. There is plenty of on street parking and public transport is not far away. The house is conveniently located to access all parts of New Westminster and close to routes in and out of Vancouver and close to roads to the city.
Johanna is very welcoming and loves to chat. Her expert culinary skills show in the exquisite and varied breakfasts. We enjoyed our stay and will likely be back in the future. Di and Joe G.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs and although the bathroom was not en suite, there were no other people staying. T...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
lavenderjoh, Owner at Lavender House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review - it is much appreciated and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
Although there is a second bedroom on the same floor on which you stayed this is only occupied by groups who are travelling together and have stated they are willing to share a bathroom. Otherwise only one of the two bedrooms is occupied so that the bathroom remains a private one to whichever room is sold.
We hope to see you again some time in the future. Thanks for staying with us.
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Johanna and Derek had graciously donated a gift certificate to a Rotary fundraiser for six adults to their bed & breakfast - Lavender House. My group was treated to a spectacular three course brunch starting with a granola yogurt followed by a puff pastry bacon and eggs to be topped with a wonderful orange dessert cup not to mention the homemade cranberry scones - yum! I don't know the names of these fabulous creations, but they were all very tasty and we all left with our bellies filled to capacity. We were also given a tour of their establishment, which was warm and cozy. To top it off we were blessed with a visit from Myashi (cat) and Kashi (dog). I will definitely recommend family and friends to the Lavender House. Again thank you Johanna for some lively conversation and the great meal.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I spent several weeks at Lavender House while I helped my daughter ease into life with a new baby. I loved every minute of my stay in this beautiful home. It has a lovely spirit, and Johanna and Derek have lovingly renovated much of Lavender House with the same attention to detail that they look after their guests. This kind of quality both in physical space and personal engagement is rare and often overlooked in the hustle and bustle of life. I cannot agree more with every wonderful review that has already been written about this exceptional space...lovely breakfasts, interesting guests, unexpected extras (as in the downstairs kitchen and fresh bathrobes). I spent the days, despite my exciting grandmotherly duties, anticipating my return to this special refuge. It may have been grey, cold and rainy, but, the minute I walked into Lavender House the weather was perfect no matter the seasonal rain that is often part of BC in November.
This B&B is close to everything whether on foot or by car or public transportation. New Westminster is a perfect location for Vancouver visits or farther afield. There is a beautiful park nearby and the neighborhood is filled with homes that are wonderfully cared for and architecturally interesting.
On this New Year's Day 2014 I resolve to return soon!

Room Tip: I stayed in lower level Serenity Room and had access to the fully equipped kitchen, ideal for early...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
lavenderjoh, Owner at Lavender House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thanks so much for your glowing comments. It is nice to know that we have made a new friend and that we can expect to see you again on your next visit to your daughter and grandchild. We hope that your Christmas and New year were exceptional and that the coming year brings you joy.
best wishes,
Johanna
Grand Forks, Canada
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Johanna was very welcoming, and provided a comfortable, clean environment. Johanna was even able to not only accommodate my food allergies, but created amazing and unique breakfasts for me. Johanna obviously enjoys creating art with food, and the bonus is that it tastes great too! It was really nice to have access to a sitting area, fridge, and our own entrance.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
lavenderjoh, Owner at Lavender House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the meals were enjoyable. Thanks very much for your review and we hope that you stay with us again the next time you come down for a dance clinic.
Sidney, Canada
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was only my second time at a B&B, having access to a kitchen and living area was great! The house is located in a very quite area which I really liked. Close to shopping and coffee and restaurants.
Comfy beds, very clean! Johanna and Kashi the dog were great host. Enjoyed it so much I have a booking for next month too.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

On a trip to visit our sister in New Westminster, my brother and I could not have wished for a nicer place to stay. The bedrooms Serenity and Tranquillity were great with such comfortable beds and the facility of a lounge and kitchen area an unexpected bonus. So many extras were available and Johanna and Derek so kind and helpful and went out of their way to make our stay a great one. Nothing was too much trouble, breakfasts were always a surprise and meeting different guests was so interesting. As we had a longish stay of eighteen nights, we got to know our hosts and left them more as friends. Kashi the dog also became a friend and it was quite sad to leave.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Best Western Chelsea Inn
#3 of 4 in Coquitlam
Maywood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown

Been to Lavender House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!