“unprofessional”
Review of Royal Eagle Suites

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Westminster
Royal Eagle Suites
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The day before we were to check in, I get an email saying that due to a water pipe bursting, they have to cancel my reservation. I spent all day and night looking for a comparable alternative. The next day, I get an email saying they do have something available elsewhere in the same building. Yet, when I asked for some sort of compensation for my troubles, I am told, "I can't believe you're even asking me for a discount". How can they cancel on me last second, yet if I were to cancel, there would have been a fee. I would definitely not take the chance of making a reservation here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank gddo
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We found these cozy studio suites to be economical and conveniently located in downtown New Westminister just two blocks to a skytrain station. ( convenient transport downtown or to the airport ) Chris is very knowledgeable about the area, but was somewhat inaccessible after check-in. Although soap and shampoo were supplied, we were surprised that over a ten day stay we received no housekeeping services. So you clean, empty the trash, wash your own towels and bedding. Royal Eagle Suites has multiple suites so the suite you receive may not be as shown in the photos. Kitchens are well equiped however very small for any serious culinary activities. Suites are clean and in good condition but somewhat dated. Laundry facilities are in the basement and the building is older where air quality is poor and enhanced through open windows. The building is located in an area of dense urbanization where you will experience your neighbours smoking, cooking, or music.

Room Tip: The suite you receive may not be the one shown in photos as they have multiple suites.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank global3adventure
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The benefits of staying at this property are that it is conviently located and the rate. It is three blocks from the skytrain station so it is easy to get around. The other benefit is that, especially for the Greater Vancouver Regional District, it is well priced for the budget conscious traveller. The level of clealiness of the suites was not good and certainly not up to my standards. Even though I had confirmed with Chris 4 times my arrival and departure dates, including calling while I was enroute from the airport, my suite was not ready. There were dirty dishes in the sink and the bed had not been changed. I ended up doing the dishes myself, and when I went to strip the bed by removing the linens, a huge dust cloud billowed up from the matress. The headboard didn't look like it had been dusted for ages. Also my bathroom smelt like urine. I spent my first night going to the grocery store to buy cleaning supplies, and there was no tissue or toliet paper in my suite either. In addition, the suites themselves are old, poorly decorated, and cluttered. I had an out of control philodendron growing across my ceiling along an intricate web of fishing line??? It was like being on the set of Little Shop of Horrors. The apartment was full of plastic flowers and chachkies which accumulate dust, and the avocado green shag carpeting hadn't been vacuumed for sometime. These suites need to be de-cluttered, dusted and cleaned regualrly, and perhaps painted a nice clean neutral colour and replace the dirty, soiled carpets with some high wearing laminate flooring which is easy to keep clean? It was very noisey and hot and there was no air conditioning or even a room fan (which I had to go out and buy). I had to have the windows open at night, but this let in a lot of noise.I put this on par with a motel, but at least in a motel there is maid service. I would not recommend this property.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank JoBrampton
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This studio was very conveniently located close to sky train station, thus 35 min was enough to get to the city center - facilities, restaurants nearby were very good (including a cheap and good Sushi place). the studio was clean and well equipped, the manager Chris very helpful. The price was really good compared to my previous rooms in downtown. For my rental car, there was free parking available.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Best Western Chelsea Inn
Best Western Chelsea Inn
#3 of 4 in Coquitlam
Hilton Vancouver Metrotown

Been to Royal Eagle Suites? Share your experiences!