“Thai food in New Westminster ... Thai Box 2Go”
Review of Thai box 2go

Thai box 2go
Ranked #34 of 272 Restaurants in New Westminster
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I live in the area and discovered this wonderful restaurant through a friend who highly recommended it.
When I entered I was immediately greeted with wonderful smells and a smiling Thai girl. It was a very surprising experience as I was not expecting it. The beautiful Thai girl escorted me and my girlfriend to a table near the window. Since I am new to Thai food I did not know what to order but the waitress and the chef both came out to explain the dishes and ingredients. My girlfriend and I were quite impressed with the service, especially considering the place was more than half full.
I had a mildly spicy chicken and curry dish and my girlfriend had pork and vegetables. We also shared the veggie spring rolls (3 of them) with a delicious sweet sauce for dipping.
We had a Thai beer before dessert.
Then we had mangos and ice cream.
It was one of the best meals I have ever had. I noticed that there were many people I recognized from the neighbourhood. Most of them were white (like me) and everyone seemed to be really happy. I hope they do well and next time I might order take out.
The cat with the waving arm is funny. I took a photo of it. My cat at home would not be so happy if I brought one home.
So, great job. Thai Box 2Go. I will come back again often. Mmmm, I'd like more of those spring rolls right now.
Barry in New West.

2  Thank Barry M

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Been to Thailand twice. The food there is incredible, however this new restaurant is beyond words. I'd give six stars if it were possible.

I took my mother and my cousin on opening day. My 72 year old mother had Thai food for the first time. She ordered the prawn with vegetables in a black bean sauce. She was nervous at first but after a the first taste she was hooked and said it was wonderful. Kudos to the chefs because she is a critical customer. My cousin ordered chicken in a peanut sauce, surrounded by freshly steamed broccoli. Another homerun there. I had the yellow curry with chicken as my entre (not too spicy, creamy sauce ... delicious again. We ordered Also veggie spring rolls. There were only four so we had to do rock-paper-scissors for the last one. My cousin won out. .. so we ordered another round of four for dessert.

Been back many times already. I wish it were closer and I would go daily for their specials. Very reasonably priced. I saw a lot of take out so I assume they are doing well. The service is prompt and the servers seem genuinely concerned that I am / we are enjoying our food and the experience. Everyone I have gone with or taken for the first time has loved the food. Not too spicy, unless you ask for it that way.

Smells wonderful from the street and even better inside.

Love the entrance area with the beautiful colours. The cat (ceramic?) with the waving arm in the alcove is funny. I'd like one of those for my home. Also loved the decor with the Bhudda reliefs on the wall.

This place is a jewel. Best Thai food I have ever had. The cost for three entrees, the two spring roll orders, another appetizer was under $40.00 There were even leftovers for two of us for dinner the next day.

I am a severe critic and don't usually write reviews but this one Thai Box 2Go (2 Go?) is my new favourite.

Go check it out. You will love it.

S.