“Great Fish&Chips Restaurant”

Cockney Kings Fish & Chips
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Canadian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Westminster, Canada
“Great Fish&Chips Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Yesterday I went with a friend to Cockney Kings Fish and Chips. I am generally not a fan of fish and chips – it’s usually too greasy. But yesterday I was in the mood to try that restaurant since it is close to my place, and I was not in the mood to cook. So we went there. It was pretty full. And the food was good. I chose Lousianna Shrimp Dinner and my friend Dinner with 1 piece of Halibut (grilled). Beside that they initially forgot to grill the halibut instead of deep-fry a battered piece, everything was good. The fries were tasty and crunchy. The batter on the shrimps was not too thick and greasy, and also the halibut was well seasoned. And the price was quite reasonable.
As I mentioned already, I am not a fan of fish and chips. But if someone loves that, I would certainly recommend to try that one.

• Visited May 2014

• Korean first
New Westminster, Canada
“Love the fish and chips here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is a go to restaurant for out whole family and often requested by our children for treat night. I especially enjoy the salmon and chips. They are fast, the portions are huge and the batter is light and cooked well. Mushy peas are great, fried oysters are awesome. We like eating in but take-out is our favourite. They wrap it up in the newspaper and we usually have enough for lunch the next day.

Vancouver, Canada
“LUNCH WITH MY Friend FROM AFRICA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

We had a great lunch ,all you can eat Fish & Chips ,she never had English Fish Chips before ,she ate 5pcs ! the price is great 9.95 !the service is good ,only 2 sever ,they are fast and helpful , our drinks never empty , she want to go back at night again for dinner ,which ,we did ,this time we had Salmon & Chips ,Halibut& chips , calamari ,oysters!well done Mate!

Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent fish; rapid service--chowder and cleanliness dicey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Cockney Kings rides on a very solid reputation. British friends say the "fish and" are as good as in London, so we went with our expectations high. We weren't disappointed on the F & C, which was excellent. We all had cod--two very large pieces of cod, lightly battered and fried to perfection. The generous portion of coleslaw was also very good. The chowder, however, was a major disappointment--full of veggies you just do not see in a seafood chowder of any kind and heavily over-thickened with flour or cornstarch. And although the waitress was sure to see our table was clean, the floort throughout the restaurant was littered with small bits of garbage that could have been picked up in three minutes with a manual carpet sweeper. So, trying to be as objective as possible,I can't even go to a 'very good' because of the two strong negatives.

1 Thank Clark C
New Westminster, B.C. Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the Best!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Only possible drawback to this eatery is the "all-business..no time for idle chatter." It's nice and clean, the waiters are very friendly and helpful, and it is always filled with repeat customers. How-ever, the tables are quite close together, and there is little to lend an air of ambiance. But would I go back again for the scrumptious fish-and-chips?? You bet your bottom $$!! =) Salli

• Visited February 2014