“Nothing too fancy”
Review of Ogopogo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Penticton
Ogopogo Motel
Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Penticton
Vancouver, Canada
“Nothing too fancy”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Ogopogo for a weekend in July. While it doesn't compare to some of the bigger and fancier resorts we found it to be comfortable, clean and very reasonably priced. The location right across from where you can go tubing was ideal and we would go back again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Richard J, Owner at Ogopogo Motel, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Thank you for your comments and just a note that our Fall/Winter prices are on now making a trip during the wine season even more affordable!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2012

My family and I stumbled across the Ogopogo motel in April. After travelling for 3 days and experiencing the crazyness that 3 people stuck in a suv would succumb to, the Ogopogo was a well deserved surprise. It was easy for us to look for a pricey hotel with all the ammenities that a credit could buy, but the reality was we wanted to find a lodging that was inexpensive, simple, clean, respectable, and was managed properly, and the ogopogo certainly fit the bill.

Allthough the room was equipped with all the regular luxaries of a motel, we didnt really have to use anything to preoccupy our time during our 3 day stay, Instead there was a vast selection of things to do to keep us mentally stimulated in the great outdoors including stargazing by the poolside till the wee hours.

I guess this is one vacation we can actually say, the ogopogo motel, helped our vacation to be a success.

Room Tip: A simple tip I can add is to get a corner suite...The morning sun and the birds chirping add to the...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
new westminster
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Great location,priced right,just what I needed for a 2 day stay on my way
to the Kootenays.

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Medellin, Colombia
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My family stayed at the motel which is located right across from the river rafting spot and we couldn't of been happier about the price and location.
A new mall next door has everything you need to make your own meals in the kitchenettes.
The place was clean but not fancy but the price was a deal.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Richard J, Owner at Ogopogo Motel, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Thank you for your response and just wanted to note that almost all of our rooms have at least some cooking facilities and that the new mall adjacent has even more stores opening up for your shopping convenience and variety.
Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Seriously i disagree totally with the others opinion, I dont know what the hell happened. but this place is clean, spacious, the owners are very nice, its in a beautiful location,near the canal and a little park to walk dogs, and not that pricey. We stayed for a long stay. and we had come also about a year ago and it was the same. We always liked the place. I never saw filthy bedding. I slept on the bed-sofa and there was no sheet so i could see the matress and it was clean,no bed buds or anything. i putted a sleeping bag on it and a sleeping bag on me and i slept really well,except for two cars that left at 6 or 7 am. all was clean,we could even still smell the cleaning products in the sink and bathrub. i didnt see any peeling wallpaper,since the walls are not even made in the living room,kitchen, to have wallpaper on. and the bedroom wall paper seemed pretty nice to me. I really dont understand what others are complaining about , my stay over there was very enjoyable. I,who myself,once work in a motel knows that this job is very demanding but we always try our best to make it better for the people that stay there. thank god they put office hours and thank god they dont do cleaning rooms each day when its a long stay because it would be really a lot of work. what they do,when its a long stay, is give u a specific day to come and ask for the cleaning and changing sheets and all that. and we just do our cleaning ourself,its much more better i find.
Anyway id like to finish by just saying its a great place to stay, i liked it and dont see why anyone wouldnt like it. And really for the price, a lot(if not all) is included, swimming pool,kitchenette, cable,internet, a bedroom included in the room, even a kitchen table, and closet in the bedroom, barbecue. I mean ,really, what more to ask for.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Richard J, Owner at Ogopogo Motel, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Thank you for your detailed defense of our property! We too were rather surprised by some of the previous reviews. As new owners who did have to deal with some problematic long term tenants, we have taken steps to upgrade what little needed upgrading and have actually hired new managers as of September 2012. We would love to have you back anytime and hopefully other people will be able to see the value and experience that we offer travellers such as yourself!
Nelson, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2011

This place will give me the willies for as long as I live.Where do I start? Filthy bedding (bloody covers and sheets), filthy cruddy walls, black-brown bathtub, peeling wallpaper, etc. etc. Now someone on here said there are bedbugs too! The kitchenette is the only plus, if it were cleaner. You should not raise your price to 115 bux on a busier weekend if you can't match the quality.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 979snort

Travellers are raving about these Penticton hotels

Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed here for two nights and could not believe the disgusting bathrooms that never got cleaned even after numerous complaints. The men's bathroom had feces on the ground and the showers had sewer water coming up while showering. We will never return again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family