“Best Courtyard Pool and Location in Penticton”
Review of Riverside Motel

Riverside Motel
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Penticton
Vancouver, Canada
“Best Courtyard Pool and Location in Penticton”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My family had a wonderful time at the Riverside. It was nice to see other families having just as much fun. The Riverside definitely has the best courtyard and pool in this area of Penticton... trust me, we looked at other places as well. Clean and spacious rooms and lots of outdoor space (patios, sundecks, barbeques etc) and a very nice heated pool. The location was also perfect for us as it was near a new shopping plaza, the river channel, adventure park, and of course the beach. The kids loved it! Not to forget the very friendly and helpful staff.

Thanks Riverside and we'll definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Vancouverite2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We have stayed here before and it was ok. But after our latest visit here, we will not be coming back to the Riverside Motel. Our room had no wi-fi, we had to sit on the stairs to use our computer. The 'equipped" kitchen lacked even the most basic of utensils, like a spatula. The patio area outside our room had loose tiles and quite frankly felt unsafe, our children were afraid to walk on it. The light in the master bedroom did not work. We stayed for a week and cleaned our own bathroom and made our own beds. The very friendly staff brought towels everyday but did little else. With four kids a vacuum every second day would have been nice. The plumbing was so loud it woke up our kids when the people in the room next door had a shower early in the morning. We have just booked our next holiday in Penticton at a hotel near by as we like the location. It is newer, offers more amenities and is only $100 more for a weeks stay! This budget motel misses the mark. There are lots of places to stay in Penticton....don't bother with this one.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lucy D
Reviewed 20 July 2012 via mobile

It's okay. The room was clean and reasonably quiet. They're in the midst of renovating the place and it really needs it - the bathroom had been done in my room but the rest was vintage '70's, right down to the panelling on the walls, the kitchenette, paper-bagged drinking glasses and the paper tape around the toilet seat ("sanitized for your protection"!) The pillows were very soft and two stacked together were too high for me. There was a stain on the third pillow case that had set in - I'm very sure it had been laundered but it still kind of grossed me out, so I didn't use that one. The air conditioner was very noisy and almost completely ineffective in cooling the room down after a 35C day. There is wi-fi but it's very very slow - I had hoped to research some wineries but gave up after awhile. It's great for kids who love pools - in fact the place made me feel very nostalgic because it's exactly the sort of place my brother and I would have pestered my parents to book us into as kids. (The decor made the impression complete!) At nearly $150.00 including tax per night for my room it's a lot of money and I'm sure there are cheaper places that are just as - quaint.

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TravellingAllijohn
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I chose Riverside based on other TripAdvisor reviews. And was not sorry for that. We were there in between two busy seasons so my view of the motel may be a little warped that it's a nice and very quiet motel! It was not full, in fact we saw at most, 3 other guests and so didn't see the pool as busy as in the motel photos.
We enjoyed the heated pool, the ease of parking, and having the kitchenette unit.
It was a little tight moving around (we had a room with a queen bed, and a king bed in the main area with the TV), but picked this particular setup so that our daughter would be in the room when spouse and I wanted to watch TV later in the night.
Picnic tables and patio furniture outside the rooms is a nice touch, giving some "breathing" space instead of eating in the unit.
My daughter liked having access to the pool, and the youth skate park across the road. For those skate boarders & roller bladers, it's an amazing park - make sure you bring your helmet.
It's a short walk to the beachfront.
Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Papuacragrat
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Was warmly greeted by the staff at the front desk.
Quiet location, and well maintained property.
I highly recommend this motel for family and business trips.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank westcoast12
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Great location, value, comfortable, clean, and very friendly staff!
My entire family stayed last summer and we had such a great experience!
Beautiful motel and very family friendly.
We will definitely be back.

Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank traveller10203
toronto
Reviewed 22 December 2011

The motel is a basic low budget place with a small kitchen, clean and well maintained. But I found the first room they put me in was at the front, facing a busy, noisy road. I had to request a change to a quieter room at the rear side of the motel. It was smaller, but OK for my short stay. The motel is well located close to OK Lake, beach and children's playground park. The staff were helpful for my requested change of room.

Room Tip: stay at the rear for a quieter room.