See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Dont know what everyone else is so ticked about, I found the staff very courteous and the room neat and tidy. Best of all, it's just a stones throw away from the beach!

Great rates for a great location. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Charles T
Reviewed 15 October 2011

We stayed 2 nights during the Thanksgiving long weekend. The motel is very basic - some of the furniture (kitchen cabinets) is ancient and in very bad shape. The newer pieces are of the lowest quality. Our room was not ready when we arrived, and, since it was not busy, we were offered a room with kitchen for the same rate, providing that we do not use the kitchen. The room was badly in need of ventilation, as the kitchen was smelling of food - we had that smell all the time we were there, in spite of our efforts to ventilate. The walls were not very clean, with splashes and spider webs - these were cleaned next day when we brought the matter to the owners' attention.
Rooms are very basic, no decoration on the walls. The best seemed to be the bathroom, which had been renovated not too long ago and was clean.
The owners were nice and tried to make our stay enjoyable, but this cannot compensate for the drawbacks of the room.
I have to note the good sound insulation - although we were on the first floor, and had neighbours around, we could not hear them.
In conclusion, it is a good choice if you are looking to spend one night and leave early in the morning. Not a place were you come to spend time in the room.
The location is very close to Skaha lake, so in summer it is very convenient for beach goers. However, the motel has no green area, only parking and two small patios with two gas BBQs at the entrance. I imagine that during the peak season it is a challenge to catch a spot and have a BBQ dinner.
Rates start at $55 in the low season, for two. There is a $10 charge for each additional person. We had to pay $10 extra for our 14 year old daughter. Many places sleep kids accompanying their parents for free.

Room Tip: One of the lower priced motels in Penticton, but you get what you pay for.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank MGVancouver
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Four of us (2 couples) stayed in the 2 bedroom suite at Sunny Beach Motel over the May long weekend. We found the place to be very nice, clean, quiet and the staff very friendly and helpful. It is an older motel so don't go there expecting it to be a 5-star resort but for the price they charge I haven't found any place in Penticton as nice. The suite was well appointed, the kitchen had all the plates, utelsils, wine glasses, etc. that we could possibly need. The only thing I would like to see improved is that the futon sofa in the living room area is past its prime and could use a new futon or be replaced.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank darmahssd
Reviewed 1 June 2011

From the moment I got there I was impressed by how nice they were. I got the jacuzzi suite on short notice, which is the best room they had. They gave me a half-off deal because I didnt use the kitchen side of the room. It was immaculately clean, not a hair in the tub or dust-bunny to be found (hard to accomplish in a large tub like that). There was lots of everything, and the front desk is just a phone call away. I could not hear anyone all night, as the room is at the top end of the south building. It was private and comfy, perfect for a couples night. There was a fridge for drinks and a tv you could watch from almost anywhere in the room. What else do you need?

Room Tip: U get what u pay 4 book the nice room early
  • Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank musiciansdoitbetter
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Dope. Great value ! Good for young & old - right beside the beach. Close to food walmart timmys (!) kayaks & tubes for use. Paths rivers beach trees. Clean good size priced well.
Just stay here...