See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I have stayed twice now as the prices were cheaper. I have stayed in 2 different rooms. The 2 rooms I stayed in look nothing like the pictures shown on the website. Guess I stayed in the rooms that they have been unable to update the look????

I noticed how dirty my floors were the next morning, black as a matter a fact. Made me wonder about the carpets and bedding. The bed spread must be from the 60's so that came off right away. I used white Kleenex to swab the floor in the bathroom to the living room (3 different swabs) where each swab was black with dirt. I went to the front desk to be told that it was most likely my fault from leaving the door open and the dirt blowing in??? Are you kidding me!

I had noticed this the next morning after spilling a little of my coffee on the floor and went to wipe it up, the cloth was black which then made me bring a little more light into the room then wow, holy filthy floors!! I ended up getting a mop and pail and washing the floors myself. There is a 1st for everything! I am not a clean freak by any means but this was terrible.

Not once was I given a "I am so sorry, let us take care of things for you. Instead I was made to feel bad for complaining about dirty floors. I was then for the next few days treated very UNFRIENDLY. I will not stay there ever again. For $30 more I stayed in a Super 8 which was Super!!

Way to lose a guest Sunny Beach! Why don't you try actually showing the pictures of what most of the rooms look like instead of maybe a couple that have been remodeled and updated.

I would NOT recommend this motel at all. Not only a terrible room but no customer service what so ever. I am not hard to please believe me, when leaving I was still upset but smiled and said nothing. They were still cold and unfriendly when I was checking out. Totally unbelievable!!

LSonney.

Room Tip: Do not stay at the Sunny beach Motel period!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Lsonney
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I just stay there the last weekend (Sept 2012) and the place look really poor for my opinion, when we got at the reception the owner (I guess) was cooking curry chicken and the hole place smell really strong, he had a dog right there and the pet received us barking that gave me a bad impression...

The room was clean and it has everything to cook, but there were a smell like old.. as usual there were lots of kids running and screaming close to my room and I dont like the noise.

The staff is friendly and nice, but regarless the motel I would choose another place the next time.

It is not that bad, but it is not the best place....

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaryP25
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We wanted a clean place to stay that was close to Skaha Lake, and we got exactly that. This motel has no frills, but the rooms were clean, the beds were okay (we brought our own pillows to avoid 'motel neck'), and the owners were nice.

The kitchenette is small - good for quick meals, and the patios are nice for eating outside. Our room did not have a microwave, but the basic appliances all worked just fine.

The best things about this hotel is how clean they keep it, and the teenagers being able to walk to the lake whenever they wanted, without the whole family having to pile into the car.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MandyLY
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We have been at this motel a few times. For location, price and amenities that this little place provides, you and your family are going to get the best bang for your buck. If you are looking for clean, fully equipped, and close to Skaha beach this is the place. We were there for the Ironman weekend, our two bedroom, living room, and full kitchen were great to feed two small kids breakfast and lunch so that we can go out for dinner later. The beach was just a couple of steps away and so was the waterpark. Perfect for when the wind picked up and we had to go back to our place in a hurry. Overall we had a great time because of how close this was to the water. Also the drive to the Okanogan lake area where a lot of restaurants are was about 6 minutes by car.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank helene p
Reviewed 2 September 2012

The motel's owner and family are very personable, making sure that your stay is pleasant and your needs are met, creating an intimate atmosphere more like a bed and breakfast. A pleasant surprise. Very recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012