Sunny Beach Motel
  • Pool
US$96
Empire Motel(Penticton)(Great Value!)
US$79
Best Western Inn at Penticton(Penticton)(Great Value!)
US$137
BestWestern.com
Ramada Penticton Hotel & Suites(Penticton)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$114
Hotels.com
US$99
US$97
Lakeside Villa Inn & Suites(Penticton)(Great Value!)
US$84
Valley Star Motel(Penticton)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$79
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed a week in this very basic motel, the rooms seemed clean and the pastic covered mattress was noisy but comfortable. Because we booked online I was refused the advertised lower rate. I had booked a kitchenette, the room had a working fridge, coffee maker but no microwave, which was provided on request. The room walls were very thin and I was almost able to make out conversations in adjoining rooms. The rooms on either side seemed to be used when the motel was not full, so this was annoying. Staff and owner were friendly and helpful and kept me in coffee! The parking is a little tight if you are not driving a small car.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for second story room if you are staying more than one night.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Colin H
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We stayed in Sunny Beach motel (3 adults) for 3 nights. The suite comprised of 2 double bedrooms, kitchen / living area and bathroom. It was very clean and a good size for 3 adults. Just outside our suite was a balcony, with patio table a chairs - ideal for enjoying a sundowner (or 2!). Don't be put off by the misspelling on the sign - "quiet" not "quite"!. The motel's position is good - opposite a park area a few yards from the beach.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank ajk0306
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights on our honeymoon. All we wanted was a simple little place that was clean and comfortable and close to the beach. The prices at Sunny beach were unbeatable, location was fabulous, and the rooms were fine. The owner was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay at Sunny Beach motel again next time we are in Penticton.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Heather S
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I have stayed twice now as the prices were cheaper. I have stayed in 2 different rooms. The 2 rooms I stayed in look nothing like the pictures shown on the website. Guess I stayed in the rooms that they have been unable to update the look????

I noticed how dirty my floors were the next morning, black as a matter a fact. Made me wonder about the carpets and bedding. The bed spread must be from the 60's so that came off right away. I used white Kleenex to swab the floor in the bathroom to the living room (3 different swabs) where each swab was black with dirt. I went to the front desk to be told that it was most likely my fault from leaving the door open and the dirt blowing in??? Are you kidding me!

I had noticed this the next morning after spilling a little of my coffee on the floor and went to wipe it up, the cloth was black which then made me bring a little more light into the room then wow, holy filthy floors!! I ended up getting a mop and pail and washing the floors myself. There is a 1st for everything! I am not a clean freak by any means but this was terrible.

Not once was I given a "I am so sorry, let us take care of things for you. Instead I was made to feel bad for complaining about dirty floors. I was then for the next few days treated very UNFRIENDLY. I will not stay there ever again. For $30 more I stayed in a Super 8 which was Super!!

Way to lose a guest Sunny Beach! Why don't you try actually showing the pictures of what most of the rooms look like instead of maybe a couple that have been remodeled and updated.

I would NOT recommend this motel at all. Not only a terrible room but no customer service what so ever. I am not hard to please believe me, when leaving I was still upset but smiled and said nothing. They were still cold and unfriendly when I was checking out. Totally unbelievable!!

LSonney.

Room Tip: Do not stay at the Sunny beach Motel period!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Lsonney
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I just stay there the last weekend (Sept 2012) and the place look really poor for my opinion, when we got at the reception the owner (I guess) was cooking curry chicken and the hole place smell really strong, he had a dog right there and the pet received us barking that gave me a bad impression...

The room was clean and it has everything to cook, but there were a smell like old.. as usual there were lots of kids running and screaming close to my room and I dont like the noise.

The staff is friendly and nice, but regarless the motel I would choose another place the next time.

It is not that bad, but it is not the best place....

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple