“A true Experience”

Poplar Grove Winery
Ranked #18 of 91 things to do in Penticton
More attraction details
Owner description: Poplar Grove Winery is a boutique winery on the slopes of the Naramata Bench. Poplar Grove began in 1995 as the quintessential garage winery. Our goal is to produce world-class wines from our family-owned estate grown fruit.Currently, we make six estate wines: Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Syrah, and a Bordeaux blend called The Legacy.
Wadhurst, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A true Experience”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My wife and me went to The Poplar Grove Winery for lunch, we were given a great welcome and the Pasta was absolutely great. It was so good we went back for Dinner on Thursday 17th of October with a friend and we all had the paella, again a truly great evening and the paella was excellent. The wine both red and white that we had were very good as well.
Well done Poplar Grove Winery

Visited October 2013

Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Best wine and lunch of a 10 stop "wine safari " day!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were on a 10 stop "wine safari" the other day in Penticton, B.C.
Our wine tasting was the best wine of the day here, ( if you like big bold reds...) Try the Legacy and the CSM. Delicious !,,

Speaking of delicious...I had their pasta for lunch. I have to say it was one of the best pastas I've ever had. Top 5 for sure!

Visited October 2013
Vancouver, BC
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Horrible”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We went to this winery thinking it would be wonderful because the building and the view are amazing...What a joke! We walked in and were completely ignored by the staff, we were looking for perhaps even one friendly face to greet us, NOPE...NOT ONE!!!!
There are so many wineries in the area to visit I would suggest by passing this one as it was a waste of time.
They should get some advice on customer service from any one of the other wineries around them.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Michelle P
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hostess was scattered and rude.”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I recently visited this winery with my boyfriend. The hostess ignored us much of the time, and was not willing to let us try the wine we wanted even though we were going to buy. It's a beautiful location, but we felt very unwelcomed because we were young. P.S: Young people enjoy wine as well. Skip this place and try some of the other winery's along the way such as Moraine or D'Angelo. They are knowledgeable, welcoming and have fantastic REDS :)

Visited August 2013
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Everyone has a bad day I guess...”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I'm willing to give Poplar Grove the benefit of the doubt, within reason, because the when my wife and I visited with a small group last weekend it was the busiest weekend of the year. The staff member who served us was clearly not having a good day because I think her face would've cracked if she smiled. She was asking for our $5 tasting fee before the second sampling had even been poured and wasn't even telling us what she was pouring. The sour taste in my mouth when I left wasn't because of the wine...it was her exasperated and pretentious attitude. Everyone else in our group (11 of us) had been visiting wineries and making multiple purchases at every one and I don't think anyone bought even one bottle here because of the server/staff member.

It's a shame because the view is phenomenal and although the facility is a bit too "industrial" for my taste and lacks "winery charm", it's what they're going for a they've pulled it off very well.

The location is great and the scenery spectacular but I'd recommend visiting on a slower day (if those exist) because the vibe on a busy day just wasn't customer-focused for us.

Visited August 2013