“Best Sandwich !”

Ranked #13 of 201 Restaurants in Penticton
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We are a unique artisan bakery and bistro located in the center of Penticton, serving delicious, rustic dishes for brunch and lunch, all made from scratch with natural ingredients. Our breads and buns are fermented for 3 days and made without any additives. We also have a variety of artisan foods to take home, and from May to October you can find us every Saturday at the local downtown market on Front St.
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stopped at the Walla Bakery and Café while staying in Penticton. Its a little place in a brewery warehouse and we thought we'd try it out as per tripadvisor reviews. Good choice !
Its kinda out of the way place and there was just a few misc shops in the mall area but this place did have excellent bakery bread and items to buy. There is a little dining area inside and some tables set up outside in the mall area. I bought some huge blueberry meringue cookies (biggest I'd ever seen), a couple chocolate buns and a salted carmel bun. We stayed for lunch and had the pastrami sandwich which was the best ever ! The owners wife served us and said they smoked their own meat and it was soooo good on homebaked bread! They served us a plate of fresh sliced bread and dip while we waited. Then the sandwich came on a large wooden board with a dish of sliced fresh BC tomatoes in onions and olives. There was a mini plate of hot pickles and mini dish of mustard and pepper relish. So pretty presented and we enjoyed our wonderful lunch and chatted with the other diners by us. I will come back here again when in Penticton and would recommend you to try this great sandwich !

6  Thank Wishbones

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Just popped in to pick up bread, as all the locals were raving about it. Wow! Tried a Cranberry, Walnut loaf which was historic and some Rosemary, Sea Salt Foccacia buns which were so delicious I had to take a bag for all my neighbors to try! The baker makes his own butter puff pastry from scratch and the taste is outstanding. Try the Pain au Chocolat, better than anything I have ever tried in Paris. Lots of interesting and delicious treats in the freezer to take home and try later.
This gem of a café deserves its success, a unique and highly enjoyable experience.

6  Thank DJ d
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The owner Ben was so soft-spoken and kind. We couldn't come back for the lunch so he gave us a taste of his pastrami and it was sooooo good. He also gave us a focaccia bun to try and it also was incredible so we bought some of those as well as one of his chocolate flourless cakes. WOW! Sooooo good. The bistro is so pretty too, just like in the photo on his website. Be sure to check the times for lunch as I think it was pretty specific, or just drop by and get something to take away with you.

7  Thank richthetech
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was visiting a friend and wanted to treat her and her family for dinner. She didn't want to go out and eat so we decided to get some food to take home. After reading the reviews from Tripadvisor and checking out their website we decided to go here. The owner was extremely friendly and accommodating and we ended up chatting with him for awhile. Unfortunately, we made the mistake of going after lunch so a lot of his products were sold out!

We ended up getting a Pastrami Pizza, some dips, gelato and some buns. The pizza and buns were frozen and the owner told us how to heat them up. They were absolutely delicious and the family thoroughly enjoyed it! The only thing that was so-so was the gelato. It was a little on the pricey side but I guess that's what you should expect from artisanal made food.

5  Thank feistM
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were not hungry but we specially stop by in this place because I digged into the Tripadvisor! Restaurant is small but very well decorated. Food is unusual, as minimum, for not big towns in US. Owners are very friendly. We were alone and spoke almost hour.
My son ate soup and mushroom sandwich. We also ordered couple cakes. All food were excellent!

P.s I am not sure about value (Canadien should know better) and special occasions.

6  Thank Vasilich V